Apple Music

I love the fact that I can edit album art and edit the titles in my Apple Music library. The only thing that bothers me is the "explicit" tags on songs and albums I've bought. Even worse are the "clean" tags. Is there any way to remove these?
100%. It's the best when an artist releases a deluxe/extended edition of an album and I don't want to remove/re-add all the already released songs, but I want them listed on the same album.

Honestly, the fact that this has been available since late February and people seem to be discovering this only now, speaks volumes about how badly Apple promotes Apple Music and its genuinely great features.

I'm gutted that I 'came across' the version of ENERGY by Beyoncé with the Kelis sample at the end but when I upload it to iTunes my apple music just replaces it with the other version

I can’t stand iTunes. I’m always just randomly trying to refresh and re-add songs for things to show up. It just seems to be luck. Then songs will say they are unavailable that were fine.

An annoying thing I've noticed lately with Apple Music albums in my library is it will always forget about the last track of an album in the numbering. If there are, say, 10 tracks, it will list tracks 1 to 9 as being of 9. Not a massive issue but it's annoying me enough to have to change them!

Technical girlie question, is getting the flac version of an album I coped off a cd to iTunes better sound quality or will it be negligible? More so older albums
You can import only ALAC or AIFF to iTunes. Ripping the CD in either of these formats means you’re playing music in CD quality, which is better than the M4A files you purchase from iTunes Store. There is a noticeable difference between the Apple Store files / regular MP3s and lossless files. I prefer lossless audio.

There are many stores selling Hi-Res, which is better quality than CDQ. However, the difference between Hi-Res and CDQ is barely noticeable with excellent hearing. Plus, you need to have the right hardware to output Hi-Res on a device. Most devices can only output CDQ, not Hi-Res.

Hope this helps.

You can import only ALAC or AIFF to iTunes. Ripping the CD in either of these formats means you’re playing music in CD quality, which is better than the M4A files you purchase from iTunes Store. There is a noticeable difference between the Apple Store files / regular MP3s and lossless files. I prefer lossless audio.

There are many stores selling Hi-Res, which is better quality than CDQ. However, the difference between Hi-Res and CDQ is barely noticeable with excellent hearing. Plus, you need to have the right hardware to output Hi-Res on a device. Most devices can only output CDQ, not Hi-Res.

Hope this helps.
It does! I love this place thank you

Is there a way to change the playlist artwork to the old style? Playlist artwork used to default to the first 4 album artworks in the playlist, but now defaults to some random rather dull graphic, and in the edit section there are variants of this, but I liked the old default of the artwork of the tracks within the list.

Is there a way to change the playlist artwork to the old style? Playlist artwork used to default to the first 4 album artworks in the playlist, but now defaults to some random rather dull graphic, and in the edit section there are variants of this, but I liked the old default of the artwork of the tracks within the list.
I still have the four artworks?!

You cannot change it back to the old style with the edit section. I've seen several complaints about this in the Apple Support Community, so I think they are aware that people miss this option, and who knows, maybe they will bring it back at some point.

However, for now, you might want to try this workaround: Create a new empty playlist and add all the songs from the playlist whose cover you want to switch back. The new playlist should then default to the 4 album view and you can simply delete the original playlist.

You cannot change it back to the old style with the edit section. I've seen several complaints about this in the Apple Support Community, so I think they are aware that people miss this option, and who knows, maybe they will bring it back at some point.

However, for now, you might want to try this workaround: Create a new empty playlist and add all the songs from the playlist whose cover you want to switch back. The new playlist should then default to the 4 album view and you can simply delete the original playlist.

Thanks for this suggestion - but it doesn't work for me (unless I've misunderstood what you mean). It just creates the generic new-look playlist artwork for me again.

On my laptop, I select the playlist, left-click and select Duplicate (2nd option from bottom) then delete the original.