Apple Music | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Apple Music

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Jun 1, 2015.

1. I just want to agree that Google Music's upload function is amazing even if you never use it to listen to music. All the files I've ever owned are now permanently backed up in an offsite location for free. It was really buggy the first few years but they seem to have ironed out all the kinks lately.

In general I also love streaming since it lets me try a half dozen new albums a week. I tend to find a couple new albums a month that I love that way, and they're almost never what I'd predict.

As for Apple's service, I'll have to get in there and play with the UI to see if it offers anything over Spotify and G Music. I'm not particularly loyal to any service at this point. I mostly hope that we don't see massive exclusivity wars the next few years, but sadly I think we will.

2. What did I say?

3. The rumour-monging sites who recycle the same story about the iPod 6 release every week are now all saying it's likely to be September again.

I think there's still enough of a market for them for them to keep them going for a bit, but I think they need to do something to differentiate it from the iPhone, so it it's just an iPhone without the phone. They could put in Beats-branded software that allows you to play with the sound, and put in a small headphone amp in there, all to make it a device for music lovers.

I really need them to put out a new one or I'll have to go and get that new Sony Walkman which looks pretty good but I'd still rather have an iPod. God I need to get with the times don't I? Can't do it.

4. The iPod Touch should probably be discontinued, and they should focus on pushing its market to the iPhone C line.

The iPod shuffle should probably be discontinued so they can push the Apple Watch as their exercise iPod.

The iPod Nano basically serves no purpose, so that can go.

The only iPod that had any real reason to exist was the Classic, which is gone now. They could pretty much end the whole line at this point. I think it's kind of sad that they split the iPod app into Music, Videos, Podcasts, etc. It would have been nice if the iPod brand had lived on if only as a branded part of the software.

5. The New York Times (I think it was) were saying that this will be available on Android too, like Beats Music is. If Apple truly want to make inroads into this market, they'd be right to make sure it's available to as wide an audience as possible. Android is what, 80%+ of the mobile market? Lots of $10 subscriptions to be had...

6. Once my iPod classis dies I will have to find some sort of replacement to carry all my tunes around. Couldn't possibly use any phone (that I can afford) as my music device. Unless I get a better data plan and stream forever, which I don't really like.

7. It's confirmed by the Sony CEO that it's being announced tomorrow. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

8. Another quote from the Sony CEO:

It'd be good if Apple Music made people accept streaming more, and there'd be a healthy competition between them, Pandora, Spotify and others. Personally I wouldn't dream of not subscribing to a streaming service, as things are now, so of course I'd be happy if more people did it.

9. Jeffo likes this.
  10. Them making you use Shitfari to watch the stream.... a mess.

11. OS X El Capitan. What a mess of an OS name.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Jeffo likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

me right now

13. Fantastic.

Jeffo likes this.
  14. Is this going to cost me less than a tenner a month and will it feature songs I can't get on Spotify? I'll be here for this if I can stream Victoria Beckham - Let Your Head Go.

15. They are starting the Apple Music segment..finally.

Jeffo likes this.
  16. Ok I like this.

(Also did anybody catch that split second shot of Tove Lo's Timebomb video?)

17. hard pass on Jimmy Iovine talking about music to fuck to

18. I'm in.

Jeffo likes this.
  19. "Hey guys we should invent radio" - Trent Reznor

20. R.I.P. Tidal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.