Apple | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Apple

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aidan, Jun 4, 2018.

1. After WWDC’s high has tapered down and I downloaded iPad OS 16 beta on my iPad Pro, it’s just sorta meh? It’s hilarious how Apple purposely cripples the iPad when it’s one of the most advance piece of computing hardware.

The new StageManager feature is just a new overlay over iPad OS’ existing multitasking and it’s more cumbersome to use if I’m honest. Couple this with them software locking these features on other iPads is really is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
    Apple pundits and fanatics are catching on to this and finally being vocal about it.

They really don’t know what to do with the iPad and I hate how it’s languished in the past couple of years.

ItBeats, He and spaceship like this.
  2. I think they keep focusing on the wrong things when it comes to iPad, specifically the Pro line. They need to release Xcode, Logic & Final Cut on iPad OS and really push the computer narrative. Stage Manager and other multitasking gimmicks are not enough to take the iPad Pro seriously and it's sad because it's clearly capable and has been for years now.

ItBeats, Macsun, Sam and 2 others like this.
  3. I mean, I was excited but that’s been my experience, and that of a bunch of colleagues.

(And it’s not because I’m using the wrong version of Chrome.)

4. kal

kal

There is no right version of Chrome. They're all wrong.

ItBeats and Mr.Arroz like this.
  5. Ha, well there was a very wrong option before they released their universal app.

It’s absolutely terribly optimised for Mac though, for sure. Trying to be on a Google Meet and share my screen at the same time is a literal nightmare. But we’re so all-in on Google that I don’t really have a choice.

kal likes this.
  6. At least get Chromium instead of the evil G.

7. Apple Music is driving me insane for months now. Nothing I do on the desktop app carries over to mobile. I will make and edit playlists, edit album names and tags and it all gets undone when I close the app, albums keeps splitting up with some tracks being under the name I edited and others being in the original name (I mean stuff like removing “Deluxe Edition” etc).

Things only seem to stick after the songs are already a couple months old. I’ve looked this up online and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue since the Monterey update with no sign of a fix coming.

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The Music app in iOS 16 displaying different icons for both AirPods Pro and Beats Fit Pro is...kinda super cool? Subtle touch and maybe I missed it before. But that's a cute little thang.

lucasdc and aux like this.
  9. I'm excited to get my hands on iOS 16.

I'm patiently waiting for my Mac Studio Ultra to ship... along with my Apple Studio Display. Though the latter will be end of July / early August, at best.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  10. Ms Cook imma need those MacBook Air preorders real soon, please!

Jamie and Artemisia like this.
  11. My AirPods Pro battery is on its last legs, can they hurry up and announce the new ones

kal likes this.
  12. Same and I am quite annoyed as other than that they work perfect. I don't feel like spending another £200 on a new pair just because the battery is garbage.

Artemisia likes this.
  13. Yeah this is what gets me. They’re basically disposable earphones dd. It sucks because apart from that it’s a great product.

tyrabnks likes this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I usually take my MacBook Air to the office most times, but the last four days I've specifically taken my iPad to try out the new features more seriously. I actually really really like Stage Manager now that I've forced myself to experiment and toy with it - I even did a new client intake with it and it was much smoother than it would have been on iPadOS 15 (I would never do my actual job activities on the iPad before). I never really used the last multitasking features because they felt underpowered/weak before, but Stage Manager and its ability to resize while also giving access to other apps has been a godsend.

Mind you, I think it's still buggy, but I also installed the Ventura beta on my Air and my iMac, and honestly, I feel my iMac and iPad will get the most use of it. The fast switching and instant access really opens up the iPad and makes it a better device, and I take it more seriously now.

ALEX, spaceship and Stopremix like this.
  15. Yay! The iPad is really my go-to computer-y device now, so every time it gets closer to a laptop, I'm happy.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I really think it makes the M1 iPads more of their own beasts. Not so much of a macOS killer or a simple fork of iOS...but it feels like iPadOS is becoming its own entity and it feels nice to not feel like it's simply an oversized iPhone Pro Max.

Stopremix likes this.
  17. A new toy arrived today...

[​IMG]

SecretsOfFatima, Lapras, kal and 6 others like this.
  18. I bought the AirPods Pro back in January as a birthday present for myself and I do wish I had just stuck with my regular AirPods or got the 3rd generation. They just never fit my ears right and were so cumbersomb when I would do any activity with them in, I finally said fuck it three weeks ago and snagged the Beats fit pro to try them and I am very impressed. They fit my ears so much better and the wing tip definitely helps out with movement and I actually find the noise cancellation works much better with them compared to the AirPods Pro.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    spaceship and Mr.Arroz like this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think they engineered the tech so much better with them. They're the only ones I take with me outside the house.

20. kal

kal

I just placed an order for a Mac Studio - M1 Max 10 core with 32 graphic cores, 32GB RAM and 2TB storage. They couldn't even give me a delivery estimate, so I guess I'll just sit and wait impatiently.

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, spaceship and Sam like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.