April 2021 PJ Charts: All of our time chasing a dream; a dream that meant nothing to me | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

April 2021 PJ Charts: All of our time chasing a dream; a dream that meant nothing to me

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Believe it or not, I only listened to his album last week for the first time. Cue my shock when it WAS indeed as good as everyone said it was.

2. The end of the line for this campaign but it was a great ride!

The three unaccounted for points here are mine but there's no rush to change it.

3. A lot of songs I assumed would be in the top 10 have been revealed already!

londonrain, TéléDex, Maki and 5 others like this.
  4. I wonder if So I Lie might've made the top 10. I really doubt it given only three people voted for its parent EP, but it would be a nice surprise.

ohnostalgia and londonrain like this.
  5. I finally got caught up here. I am way behind on music listening & am trying to ease into it some... just due to circumstances. I haven't listened to the whole Birdy album yet, but it will certainly be a big point getter from me next month.

The first coding language I really learned was Objective C, which uses square brackets differently than any other programming language. So Taylor's titles are giving me some PTSD from when I started to learn others & consistently implemented things wrong!

I am elated 'John Hughes Movie' has gotten three months in the charts, here. My girl has truly arrived.

giphy.gif

6. I'm in that situation that some of my top pointers got top 10 or didn't chart at all.

7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

48 points

[​IMG]
    ATLANTIS | SHINEE

@Glitterizer (9) @ohnostalgia (9) @boombazookajoe (7) @Sanctuary (6) @Slice of Life (6) @Music Is Death (4) @Untouchable Ace (4) @Oleander (2) @RUNAWAY (1)

And this month's highest charting K-Bop is SHINee's Atlantis! Even though Onew had a vocal solo in Don't Call Me, I really felt that was Key's song. I'm happy Onew got the spotlight on this one. Also don't @ me but I like Minho's rap spoken word section.

Last Month: N/A
    Months on 2021 Charts: 1
    Total Charting Months: 1

londonrain, tea, Sail On and 22 others like this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

londonrain, tea, Sail On and 25 others like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

londonrain, tea, Sail On and 24 others like this.
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

londonrain, tea, GimmeWork and 23 others like this.
  11. I was surprised to see it at that spot, too, but it seems like the song being released on the very last day of April is the reason for that.
    Hopefully it reaches top 5 in May charts.

12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

65 points

[​IMG]
    PURGE THE POISON | MARINA

@OspreyQueen (8) @CorgiCorgiCorgi (7) @londonrain (7) @Maki (7) @Untouchable Ace (7) @Glitterizer (6) @saviodxl (3) @soratami (3) @Trouble in Paradise (3) @sfmartin (2) @Sprockrooster (2) @TéléDex (2) @Aester (1) @Oleander (1) @Phonetics Girl (1) @Rogue (1)

Marina really thought she did something with those lyrics, huh? My eternal love to either @Cotton Park or @pop3blow2 for describing Purge the Poison as Marina's "We Didn't Start The Fire" moment. At least the instrumental isn't lifeless.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    londonrain, tea, Sail On and 23 others like this.
  13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

londonrain, tea, Sail On and 25 others like this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

82 points

[​IMG]
    STARSTRUCK | YEARS & YEARS

@OspreyQueen (10) @londonrain (10) @saviodxl (10) @Untouchable Ace (10) @CorgiCorgiCorgi (9) @evilsin (8) @happiestgirl (7) @GimmeWork (6) @Rogue (6) @Music Is Death (2) @Trouble in Paradise (2) @Pineapple (1) @Sanctuary (1)

Look at the points jump! There really were only four songs ever in contention for the April #1. Since most of you can probably guess my feelings about another Years & Years song, I'll just say it's nice to see a queer man make top five for the second month in a row.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
    londonrain, tea, Sail On and 26 others like this.
  15. This is hella surprising given the lukewarm reaction from it when it came out. Good for ha.

16. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I can't stand Years and Years but I'm happy for those of you that enjoy their music...

berserkboi and ohnostalgia like this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

89 points

[​IMG]
    MR. PERFECTLY FINE (TAYLOR'S VERSION) [FROM THE VAULT] | TAYLOR SWIFT

@Ashling92 (10) @aux (10) @Babyface (10) @ohnostalgia (10) @Music Is Death (9) @Slice of Life (9) @Sprockrooster (8) @Aester (6) @Diet Pop! (6) @Petty Mayonnaise (6) @RUNAWAY (5)

I was almost white knuckling it when all those new songs were released the last day of April, but I should've known to trust the Swifties to keep Taylor in the Top 5. What a perfect song.

londonrain, tea, Sail On and 23 others like this.
  18. Thank fuck this mess didn’t get top 5. It performing better than Your Power is tragic.

tea, Sail On, BubblegumBoy and 8 others like this.
  19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    londonrain, tea, Sail On and 28 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.