Aqua - Back To The 80's | The Popjustice Forum

Aqua - Back To The 80's

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, May 25, 2009.

1. New single from their upcoming greatest hits album. Don't know what everyone is gonna make of it but I quite like it. Something fun to listen to on a hot day like this and not complete cheese! Hooray!

2. its a bit strange this songs turned up now cos it was recorded years ago for their 3rd album that got scrapped when they split.

3. Just listening for the first time. It's not bad, is probably a grower. But not a hit.

4. Well I don't think they have a hope in hell of even denting the top 40 in the UK with anything they released. From what I gather their comeback is doing well in other countries but here they'd be lucky to get anything more than a PA at G-A-Y!

5. I was hoping their comeback single would be better than this.

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

For those of you who haven't heard it, you can hear it here!

And as I said in the other Aqua thread, it's a shame their song is about the 80's, wouldn't their target audience be more into 90's nostalgia?

7. But they were all born in the 80s, weren't they? It should have been something smutty like how anyone who liked them as a kid is now a big gayer. I imagine lyrics like "You used to suck on lollipops, now you...". Well you get the idea!

8. quite a fun song!! Like the barbie girl reference in it as well. I'd love it to do well here, but not really sure

9. Hm, obviously their lyrical skills haven't improved...

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Well yeah, I was too, but it's not like I remember anything of it.

It does get me love from Calvin Harris though. So yay for that!

11. Well it's no "Cartoon Heroes" but still it's really quite nice.

Hope we get a good video.

12. Yes they should have just put out Cartoon Heroes again with a donk on it. That song MADE my Christmas Day 1999 when they played the video on Live & Kicking.

13. Love it! A bit Abba-esque too...

14. It's a nice song, I like it.

But they're not planning a comeback outside Denmark, they're just focusing in their country.

15. Ray

Ray

Is the GH a two-track with Barbie Girl and the new one?

Okay, and with Turn Back Time, PSB's Heart has never been ripped off so brilliantly.

16. I think id like it more if it wasnt sung by Aqua. Its not bad though...i cant see it doing very well here though.

17. Live version seemed edgier and more Oomph filled.

18. Melody wise it is a really great track, but the lyrics let the song down.

I could see this slowed down as a mid-tempo ballad. (with lyric change)

19. On her solo album Lene's voice was quite nice. With Aqua she sounds like a chipmunk. Terrible.

20. I am personally loving this, shame we may never get to see them, i cant really afford to get to denmark!!! 1 gig, thats all im asking for!!!!

ill have to buy the import version!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.