Are You Normal? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Are You Normal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robots need oil, May 8, 2009.

1. I like to think i'm funnier and generally nicer in real life! A lot of what i say here gets misconstrued because my sense of humour is based laregly on sarcasm which is nigh on impossible to convey via the internet.

2. I feel that I'm pretty much the same on here as real life (although you've met me Robot, so I'm sure you can judge for yourself and there is really no point in me adding to this thread in that case!). But, having said that, in "real life", I have lots of different personas as well, if I think about it. E.g. the ways I act around my boyfriend, my parents, work colleagues, close friends, strangers, when drunk, etc. are all slightly different. So I see my online "persona" as another one of those.

I think I hold back from posting a lot of things because I think "Oh God, what if people think that's shit/offensive and start an argument or something" and I don't really like getting into arguments. Whereas in "real life", I spout all kinds of crap without thinking (people mostly find it amusing, which is good).

3. You're HORRIBLE in real life.

(ok, joooooooooooooooooooooooke)

I agree about the multiple personality thing though and I guess that the online one is also a separate personality! Never thought about it that way!

4. No. I'm totally different. For some reason the "real" me is reserved exclusively for people I meet face to face. I have no idea why that's the case, though.

in my offline life I usually get called eccentric a lot (which I absolutely hate), because my sense of humour can be a little, err, surreal at times. I'm also far more argumentative.

5. I've met Supercracko and I'd say she was the same person or a close version of that person online. I think most people are all slightly different with different people. It's the ones who vary a lot that worry me.

6. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I would like to know if I act different offline than I do online. I don't think I do, but then it's hard to notice that yourself.

I've never met anyone off the internet and found them to act totally different to how they are online.

Some people are shy and you have to re-break the ice with them in the real world, but surely that's to be expected really?

7. I hope you're a lot more concise in real life. Dear Lord.

8. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I hope you're a lot less obnoxious and rude in real life.

9. I am actually.

10. No idea. Apparently I'm prone to talking really really fast at times though, so maybe it that makes up for it? Who knows.

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I'm always saying stupid things in real life that I regret or wish I'd rephrased, so no different to here, then.
    I can be either extremely shy or extremely outgoing - it depends on my mood.
    I've been told I can seem quite flirty as well but in my defence I'm just trying to be friendly!

You're like the data blast at the end of Bad Influence.*

(*shows his age.)

12. God i remember that does that make old as well.

I think i'm a more exaggerated version of myself online.
    I am loud but the other day people in work were saying, "Why are you being so quiet"

You should see me on stage when i go completely ballistic.

13. MOP

MOP Guest

I'm a lot more subdued on here. Mainly because I'm a giant attention seeker in real life and people take notice of me because I have a distinctive appearance what with an afro and clothes of the rainbow. And I'm impossibly loud and annoying.

Here I'm just a quiet boy with no avatar.

14. I think online me is pretty similar to what I am in real life - normally standing aside of the main group of people, trying to make witty remarks that normally don't work, and thus being embarrassed and silent most of the time.

Boo-hoo.

15. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Awww, we like you Alex!

16. Now it is my turn to say Awwww
    Thank you!

17. I'm the exact opposite in real life than I am here actually. Here I'll always think about what I'm going to type. In the real world I'm totally the opposite.

A lot of people in my environment think I'm extremely weird, 'cause sometimes I'm a bit too kooky for them (their words, not mine) and I can be quite surprising at times, something which a lot of people who just got to know me don't really expect...

My friends (and in particular my best friend) think I'm the weirdest person in the world. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm gay, but don't act gay at all and all my friends are straight. I can understand why some of them find it weird, I personally don't... People should act the way they want (as long as it's not offensive or anything).

My dress sense can go from very ordinary to very "standing out in the crowd".

A slight case of Tourettes is something I'm probably a victim of too... Well, not exactly Tourettes, but you probably get what I'm saying (I can be pretty loud sometimes).

I also drink way too much on the weekends, something I'm thinking of holding a little, which could also explain my sometimes weird behaviour.

There's probably some more reasons why I'm kinda weird, but I'm going on way too much already.

Sorry if I went a bit bracket-heavy here...

I just like reading what you guys post on here, 'cause some of you have the exact same taste in music as I do, but also the same taste in humour which is always great of course... This is my longest post ever here, I don't post that much. Just glad to have had my say... "insert smiley here"

18. According to something my friend said the other night I'm apparently really funny in real life, which I don't think comes across at all on here. I'm too busy trying to get people to like, and since my sense of humour generally involves taking the piss I don't think it would go down well, especially given the way tone and sarcasm are often lost over the internet. People might think I'm just being mean.

19. I'm quite funny and bubbly according to my friends although I don't think traits like that can really come across online.

I also go on and on about things sometimes.
    I don't know how many times I've told my boyfriend that Graffiti My Soul should have been a single.

20. I think i'm pretty much the same in real life:

-Obsessed with Britney
    -I enjoy meeting new people
    -I prefer to laugh than be serious about stuff
    -I'm quite caring and sensitive
    -I prefer talking to girls
    -I am a Dr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.