Ariana Grande - positions + AVON sales rep era | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - positions + AVON sales rep era

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Mar 24, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

2. “An eyewitness at The Voice” has me screaming!

askew, Mushroom, papatrick and 26 others like this.
  3. It’ll be be interesting to see if she signs on for additional seasons after this one.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. Yes, wonder if she's on the show for a while to come.

6. Take it the thought of that is a bad thing then...

Sanctuary likes this.
  7. She's getting a little too close to Katy's career trajectory for my liking...

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  8. Wasn't Positions her biggest or near her biggest era commercially? I think she's nowhere near Katy territory (no disrespect).

9. Mmmh not really. Katy jumped on American Idol after a few flop eras, while Ariana is at the top of her game music wise. It's just easy money now that touring isn't possible.

WhatKindOfKylie? and maikos87 like this.
  10. I can’t believe some people are still pressed about her decision to be on The Voice. It makes complete sense, given global touring is currently out of the equation and it’s easy money. Sure, I’d love her to actually perform more of her latest release, but this is a great way to keep her in the GP’s mind.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  11. Just say Carson Daly!

Andy French, lushLuck and nooniebao like this.
  12. I don't necessarily disagree but this isn't really true, Katy was announced as a judge before Witness came out. Her most recent proper era when she joined had "Roar" and "Dark Horse"...

wodny, j267 and nooniebao like this.
  13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

But what danger is there of her being "forgotten" by the GP? She just became the first artist to have three songs in the Top 10 concurrently on pop radio. "positions" is one of her biggest hits ever. Her lack of presence this era is entirely up to her, but that hasn't affected the commercial performance of this era. The Voice is absolutely a cash-grab and I don't think we need to spin it any other way.

14. Why is it every time we have to talk about The Voice (although I'd rather talk about The Voice, whew that pov performance!) there's a weird take about GP exposure. She's not an indie girl!

15. RJF

RJF

"Ariana, what do you like most about The Voice?"

16. but she gave staff hot dogs!!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  17. Exactly, don't see how it's a bad thing at all.

18. 'she needed The Voice to reach the GP!'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.