Ariana Grande - positions (deluxe edition) | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - positions (deluxe edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Confidently subdued.

I'm only a little annoyed, because if anyone could get a song over 3:00 to be hammered on streaming and radio, it's Ariana, but it does have a strong beginning, middle, and end, so I can't complain.

myblood, RainOnFire, stuaw and 7 others like this.
  2. Not me thinking "Sylvia Plath" was a position from the Kama Sutra.

elektroxx, Dijah., Sam and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sounds like a breezy early autumn track so, perfect to these ears. Ariana hit it out of the park again.

Vixen likes this.
  4. On first listen, it's cute. It reminds me of Sometimes, actually (minus that incredible bridge, of course). Whoever said fall vibes was right - it's breezy & relaxed. Not sure how anyone could be blown away by it, it's your usual 7/10 bop. The slight reverb on her vocals is really nice. As usual, I'm sure there will be even better on the album.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  5. Agreed. It’s cute, she sounds gorgeous as always and I’ll bop with the rest but it feels like more of the same.

Ashling92, junkos, ItBeats and 2 others like this.
  6. I’m not sure this is as instant for me as I wanted it to be. It’s very laid back, I like the melody but I wanted... more.

It’s a little bit too “from the school of Scooter” when I know she’s capable of ending my life with the right collaborators.

junkos, ItBeats, varjak and 1 other person like this.
  7. It’s a song.

8. She still can't lip sync for her life but it's a cute video and I want Joan as my mum.

9. Yeah that is the only thing that bothers me in the song, I can't figure out the lyrics not only in the chorus. I mean sure, we have a lyric video but it would be nice to actually understand the song without it. Other than that, its a good little bop.

junkos and hollaa01 like this.
  10. Lovely but its kind of... a Drake song.

Stopremix and Andrew.L like this.
  11. I LOVE this! A total earworm and a grower. Video is fantastic.
    Another victory for miss Grande

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Vixen likes this.
  12. Just had my first listen!

[​IMG]

myblood, Sam, stuaw and 15 others like this.
  13. After repeated listens, this is really great. I checked out after the run of mediocre singles post-thank u, next but she’s reigned me back in.

Also she’s finally gone easy on the spray tan, let’s celebrate that.

Ashling92, stuaw, basil and 6 others like this.
  14. Same old reasonably pleasant Ariana song in her comfort zone.

15. I had it in my head that it would be a ballad or something more of a risk. But hey, I instantly really like it.

Also, when she’s not in full pony-tail, she always gives me major Rose Byrne’s Little Sis vibes.

Under 3 minutes though... Did Stefani put her up to this?

stuaw, junkos, j267 and 2 others like this.
  16. Extremely into this.

[​IMG]

myblood, Sam, stuaw and 14 others like this.
  17. aux

aux

Yeah, I'm obsessed with this.

[​IMG]

stuaw, Sail On, basil and 12 others like this.
  18. The way she said I Write Sins Not Tragedies with the intro chsickdishs.

Anyway it's cute but the album better be more interesting.

19. It's a shame that now when I see music videos or films etc based in the Whitehouse, instead of thinking it's powerful or glamorous, I think "ew Tr*mp lived there". Hopefully that will wear off.

I like the song. It's not a massive game changer, but it's enough of a switch-up from the sound she had in 2018 and 19 to keep my interest.

Vixen likes this.
  20. Same thoughts here. It’s just Ariana doing what Ariana does and then it ends.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.