Ariana Grande - Sweetener | Page 175 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've missed her ad-libs.

stuaw, nikkysan and sfmartin like this.
  2. I love the way the vocal and the chorus melody echo the sort of reference points she's always heralded since the beginning and everything around it feels like a complete galvanisation of her sound and ability to properly push herself, now she's at the top of her game.

Like, I'm not saying this is some Vespertine leftover or anything but it feels like a sonic risk, stands out for all the right reasons and after some of the atrocities her contemporaries are using to springboard their campaigns, I couldn't be happier with her right now. This is an absolutely wondrous package when expectations were already sky high.

She's just so easy to stan, come join us heathens.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. I wonder if the intro from the video will be on the album version as it would make a brilliant opener.

4. This is beautifully sung, beautifully measured, and beautifully subversive.

5. Multi-layered megabop.

6. I'm in love with this song, with the video, and with her.

Her sheer presence in the video shows such growth.

I'd love for this to go number 1 in the U.K. next week, after Dua snatches the top spot today.

stuaw likes this.
  7. There’s something about it that gives me heavy Disney Channel original movie vibes, and yet I can’t stop listening.

AlisodoTheBambino likes this.
  8. I feel nothing. Shame.

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  9. Legendary goddess of bops never disappoints, I’ll be playing this on loop for days. And this time she even has amazing visuals to boot, what more could a gay ask for???? Queen of pop.

stuaw, PEARL and RossMusik like this.
  10. sᴉ ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
    [​IMG]

lushLuck, stuaw, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  11. Welcome to the big league, sis.

12. Not only is the song amazing but the video is fantastic! Well done Ari!

The only part I'm questioning at this point is whether her turning the high pony into a braided high pony instead of ditching it entirely snatches my wig or annoys the fuck out of me?!
    [​IMG]

lushLuck, Jacques and QueenB like this.
  13. Sorry for being late at the party, this song is a gem! I absolutely love it!

stuaw likes this.
  14. Sorry for being late at the party, this song is a gem! I absolutely love it!

15. I let the first listen wash over me, sans video, before reading anything. I didn't Focus.m4a much on what mumblequeen was saying but I soaked it in. The second listen… that chorus grabbed me by the mussy and threw me off of a New York skyscraper circa 2118. I actually did cry because I think the sentiment is absolutely beautiful and I truly felt it. I bopped, I vibed, I vogued, I picked it up, I lived, I loved – several times. I got to work and watched that Big Pop Girl circa 2001 music video.

I'm so fucking done. She had no right to come for my wig like this.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  16. I thought that was an unwanted glitch

17. jtm

jtm

It‘s selling four times what number 2 on US iTunes does.

stuaw likes this.
  18. Parts of the US are just waking up too, we love a smash out of the gate.

19. First of all, I'm so glad this sounds so unique. It feels very true and legitimate. My first thoughts listening to this were Sugababes - Overload and Azealia Banks' catalogue of influences. It sounds lush, refined, it has a big chorus, and the fact that the production is so linear makes it even more endearing to me. Truly a laid back anthem.

lushLuck, beekeeper and pdf like this.
  20. Song of 2018. Things it does to me...

Absolutely, absolutely lovely. Lyrics hit home hard.

Jamie and stuaw like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.