Ariana Grande - Sweetener | Page 477 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love all the religious/spiritual references lurking within the sight and sound of her recent works.

Perhaps this will be her Like A Prayer.

Suburbia likes this.
  2. It’s not top 40 on airplay yet but I’m sure it’ll soar up after it’s great debut. Tears is still #3.

It’s #5 in the UK midweeks which is a pretty great debut for a second single from a campaign.

-Jay- and MrJames like this.
  3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I bought a new TV on Saturday and the first thing I watched on it was the God Is A Woman video. The stan jumped out!

4. And then she jumped into the splits?

aaronhansome and inevitable like this.
  5. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

-war flashbacks to falling down coach steps on holiday and then the injustice of being mocked in GIF form-

6. I have to repost this again since the video has gotten so much trafffic (not only on here) and has been out for a couple days now.

My initials thoughts.

The video is a pure work of art. The way she has stepped up her video ideas and visuals this era is astounding.

Such hard work providing us two high quality videos in the span of a couple months. This video should definitely get some VMA nods.

The screaming whack a mole scene was lol worthy and so random. Pete's idea maybe?

The Pulp Fiction sequence bit was brilliant.

Lovely ending scene also.

My favorite look is her floating in the pool of paint. What an aesthetic.

ALEX likes this.
  7. I just can’t wait to play this album in full.

Dijah. likes this.
  8. God is a woman is the first music video I’ve made my friends watch in so long.

9. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Oh I thought they died out in 2013.

superultra likes this.
  10. I wasn't expecting this to do so well out of the gate. We love an imperial phase!

11. My lyft driver on Friday was literally watching a YouTube free masons documentary. It was a lot to go through at bar close.

12. While driving?! I hope you rated them poorly.

Jwentz likes this.
  13. No Tears Left to Cry re-enters the Hot 100 top 10 at #8 this week.

14. I'm surprised at the "low" views for the video as well. With all the buzz around the release, I was expecting much more. But I'm glad to see it's doing well on streaming. It just sucks that probably by the time this catches up on radio it's streaming presence won't be the same but this looks like another certified smash for her in the UK.

15. I think because issa great video but definitely no way near the replay value of, say, Side To Side.

16. No Tears and Ariana just got a whole slew of VMA nominations, including Video and Artist of the Year! Go gurl!!!

17. UGH as if I thought this was rubbish when it dropped. It’s a sultry BANGER and I can’t stop playing it full blast with the windows down.

Lander, evilsin, 138Prince and 6 others like this.
  18. Yass, baptize your neighbors with the word of Goddess.

19. My car, sis. I’m spreading the word on the move.

Jacques, evilsin, Vixen and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.