Ariana Grande - Sweetener | Page 478 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Apr 20, 2017.

1. UGH as if I thought this was rubbish when it dropped. It’s a sultry BANGER and I can’t stop playing it full blast with the windows down.

Lander, evilsin, 138Prince and 6 others like this.
  2. Yass, baptize your neighbors with the word of Goddess.

3. My car, sis. I’m spreading the word on the move.

Jacques, evilsin, Vixen and 4 others like this.
  4. Hurrah!

6. Me driving to Morrison’s on my lunch today.

7. No More Tears and God Is A Woman, may just be her best back to back album singles yet.

dylanaber and Marc1129 like this.
  8. I blame the gophers.

9. The inevitable God is a Woman VMA performance is going to end me.

10. meme queen while also subtly promoting #PrimeDay

CC: @strangekin

constantino, Lander, Bslg17 and 24 others like this.

11. Shocked by these tracklist positions.

RMK likes this.
  12. Dddd I’ve come round to the new single, slé my bussy a bit.

nikkysan, Vixen and goatface3128 like this.
  13. The lyric video is siphoning some views. It’s at 30M when you combine both.

Slice of Life likes this.
  14. Ok but the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the screaming gophers were a deliberate attempt to redirect people from YouTube to paid streaming sites for replays of the song, to capitalize on the new chart rules. Innovative queen, if true.

Being a Taylor stan...does things to you.

15. The video is gold. One of the best pop video I’ve ever seen, it made me replay it more than 5 times in half an hour, something most videos (even the greatest) don’t. It really elevated the song for me. I don’t say I disliked it at first but I was expecting...something else, like the gay, pop, festive, extravaganza banger that was Into You. But the video really did put me in the soultry, nostalgic, exotic, neoclassical mood, a mood suitable to the song, indeed. You need to be baptized before you can receive the Holy Host from the priest, you need to be prepared before you can embrace the Holy Spirit.

Ariana queen of Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations, Queen of Classicism, Queen of Baroque, Queen of Renaissance, Queen of Modern Art. Queen of 2018.
    Thank you for delivering visuals,
    thank you for delivering content.

God really IS a Woman and she is this song.

Needless to say, No tears left to cry is the dirt under God is a woman’s toe nail, how can you even compare them is beyond my comprehension

16. I still don’t get why they bothered putting it up.

Joe. likes this.
  17. RMK

RMK

It still gave her 3M views before the video went up, and I guess people would rather click on a lyric video when comparing it to just standard audio.

18. I mean, it's perhaps her most politically-charged and left-field visual, so it's not a surprise that it isn't immediately breaking records. She's at the point in her pop career where she's not going to easily drag along the teenyboppers who may have blindly bopped to dick-riding anthems on Dangerous Woman; here, she is blatant and brazen in her feelings and subject matter, making it rather inevitable to ignite a bit of apprehension, even if it is absolutely brilliant.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  19. I'm just happy some of y'all are seeing the light and coming around God is woman, it was always such a moody bop from the start, my whole body can't help but move when the verses start after the chorus.

20. I hate how much I love this conspiracy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.