Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 203 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Oof. Thanks for reminding me of my favorite part of EVERY controversy.

2. I have and I don’t agree or see why anyway exiting now will leave you all to moan and drag a song that will still smash regardless lol ...

3. K94

K94

[​IMG]

4. The world in which she is employed by her label. There’s nothing wrong with that, btw. But precisely because of her status we shouldn’t think she’s free from label fuckery/industry influence.

5. Nowhere cause her music is treading those same lines ddd.

Verandi, nooniebao, Wishlight and 2 others like this.
  6. All she needs to do is make a cute lil Twitter apology and chill with the spray tan and the accent and she’d pretty much be fine. Dunno why this is so hard for her.

slaybellz likes this.
  7. Exactly - she can keep her opinion with those shitty Soundcloud demos she keeps releasing.

8. "Ariana is talking about 7 rings while she SHOULD be talking about the 7 continents suffering from global warming"

AshleyKerwin, relby, LP and 80 others like this.
  9. But the gag is Lauren actually loves the song

10. I do bop to this, but I don’t think it has the same replay value as the other two. I keep going back to Imagine.

11. Inner Ariana rushing to post that Instagram response

[​IMG]

12. Brava!! Well put. People need to read this!

Vixen, nooniebao, K94 and 13 others like this.
  13. The most dangerous thing to Ariana right now is having a team full of yes people who don't even do so much as to give her a gentle reminder to read the room. I feel like we're just a week away from another wave of thinkpieces about Ariana and blackfishing - this time by actual black and brown voices / cultural critics - and all of the goodwill she's generated over the past 18 months can easily dissipate. If and when that happens, it will be messy but not undeserving. And Countess Motorola better throw her soup or keep it on the playground.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    stopthestatic, Vixen, sesita and 7 others like this.
  14. ddd, why is this reminding me of this tweet I saw last night:

15. Twitter has been an absolute mess today

16. I wouldn't be shocked if Ariana is taking it more as a plagiarism accusation than grasping why Nokia is uncomfortable since Victoria seems to be taking it as Nokia also coming for her and Tayla based on her liking these tweets:

Vixen, McQueer, Bangers&Bops and 3 others like this.
  17. Ari is being problematic, yes, but on the list of things she could do to upset white people in the US, appropriating a song from a WOC about hair (I know I'm simplifying here, but people with the privilege won't get it) definitely comes in under licking a donut...
    I wouldn't expect her to take any accountability, much less feel any need to...

18. I haven't listened to anything else all day.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  19. Honestly half the time I thought Ariana Grande is black...so maybe a little problematíc

20. Ironically, in her quest for wanting to be a woman of color, all of it just ends up feeling very......white. The video is cute though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.