Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 465 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I'm inclined to agree, though from what I've seen, there's quite a lot of OTT stage theatrics at the recent Taylor shows to make them really entertaining even if she only really does three dance steps, and during the acoustic moments there does seem to be a pretty great connect with the audience.

Based on YT clips Ari seems a lot less confident in most stage settings I've seen. And though technically a fantastic singer I don't find her style as powerful as, say, Adele or Beyonce who sort of choose their moments to be showy a bit more effectively IMO.

(Not basing this on actually having seen her though and am still pretty stoked about going to the London date later this year so maybe I'll eat my words...)

bess marvin likes this.
  2. Ddd this is so dumb but it made me laugh

3. Agreed. She's very consistent at making music but she is extremely lacking in the charisma department and while she has a cute voice, she seems completely unable to belt or project any power, it's all whispering.

bess marvin and nametag like this.
  4. I much prefer Ari's voice to Beyonce's (too much melisma/vibrato!) and Adele's (too one-note!). I might need a Rosetta Stone to understand the lyrics on some of Ari's earlier records, but I think her voice is way more versatile. That's not to say Beyonce/Adele can't sing (patently false), it's just splitting hairs I suppose.

And the thought of Taylor standing in front of a microphone with only her voice and no theatrics is kind of a nightmarish scenario. Girlfriend's flat more than she's on-pitch, IMO.

jukon likes this.
  5. Her voice has seriously matured over the years, and those are some of the best moments during her concerts.

Truce, Espeon and Ashling92 like this.
  6. Ariana just wants to sing.

TRAVVV likes this.
  7. "Extremely lacking in the charisma department"

What in the Little Mix/The Saturdays of it all?

Ariana is many things but lacking in charisma isn't one of them.

8. Ddd not to keep stanning out for them in Ariana’s thread but Little Mix literally have infinitely more charisma on stage than Ari?

9. Yeah, I don't rate Little Mix at all, but they're insanely good performers.

The Saturdays, on the other hand... can't knock 'em for trying!

10. Ddd imagine thinking Little Mix aren't some of the best performers out there.

11. Outside of Bey and Gaga, there’s no other Western act that can touch them performing wise

12. Too bad Little Mix can’t release music that matches their performance talent.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
    Verandi, McQueer, PopCrushed and 15 others like this.
  13. What the hell is the first line of NASA's chorus? Some lyric sites and Apple Music say "give you the whole world"... but it doesn't sound like she's singing enough syllables...

is it "be the whole world"?

14. It's more of a "gi-ya the whole world"

Music Is Life, Rem, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

The good sis just doesn't sing with diction dd

Future Lover likes this.
  16. I thought it was "get off-world", and I honestly still wish it was that. It's much more compact and fits in better with the space travel/alone time theme.

Ashling92 likes this.
  18. Just... look up the lyrics?

19. I mentioned it in my post. Apple Music has them listed, but it just doesn't sound right. The vinyl doesn't feature them, does the CD booklet?

TRAVVV likes this.
  20. PARDON?!!!

slaybellz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.