Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 467 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I really should get round to buying this vinyl I think!

Honeymoon Avenue likes this.
  2. A masterpiece

Txetxu, Lander, aaronhansome and 18 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

4. I wonder if they're jumping onboard the producer album trend and readying an EP that uses her vocals?

5. RJF

RJF

Savan and Ilya... essentially do no wrong with her, so I'm in.

fancygreen, Hyrulian, Lander and 37 others like this.
  6. Bad Idea and Fake Smile are such good songs outside of the singles.
    The way they used the sample in fake smile to create the beat, the sad tone , the background vocals... Its gorgeous and so honest.
    I also love the dramatic tone on bad idea, the melody of "forget about it yeah, forget about him yeah , forget about me" is beautiful and the i love how laid back the instrumental is.
    Truly her best album.

7. Honestly she brings out the best of Ilya & Savan. They have such a magic conection... Just like with Tommy & Pop wansel
    Pharrell can't relate...

8. This new Ilya & Savan music

TRAVVV, Conan and Laurence like this.
  9. bad idea is what i call pop perfection. I honestly think only a pop genius can come up with a riff and a chorus melody like this. It’s like an even better version of God Is A Woman, both share many similarities.

Marc1129 likes this.
  10. Yeah they are very similar. God is a woman has a more epic vibe while bad idea is more dark & dramatic. But both are pop perfection. The melodies are absolutely brilliant.

chaychay7 and sweetener like this.

11. Oh if they can make an actual collab happen.

As well, she replaced "Goodnight & Go" with "Get Well Soon" on the tour.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  13. I have mixed feelings about this, it comes off as someone trying to profit off of a huge artist like Ari- but as a graphic designer, I understand the importance of the visibility of our work. Especially to huge audiences like hers. Just tag your photographers/designers/stylists, girls. And/or buy (or ask for) your photograph if it was taken by a professional photographer.

blaze_dave and spaceship like this.
  14. I mean, if he didn't sign anything and she used the photos anyway she needs to pay up. Non-story.

15. Well I've been reading up on Twitter and people have been saying Ariana has been getting visably upset perfoming Goodnight n Go, I guess it reminds her of Mac. So I can accept this change.

Sanctuary and aux like this.
  16. The issue is the ethical question of paparazzi and taking photos of people without their knowledge and consent.

sesita likes this.
  17. Oh, I misread the source and now I see it's about a paparazzi snap, not a photograph from Coachella! Then I completely agree with you - even though that's their job, there's definitely an ethical discussion about what they do.

Sanctuary likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.