Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 487 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Thank you for saying this, still not a fan of the racial ambiguity but from the cover and the interview I guess she and her team are just gonna keep her at her current color and try to move on and not address it, which isn't surprising. Still appreciate her vulnerability and self-awareness and her keeping it real about her own music.

Dijah., Vixen and superultra like this.
  2. I'm pretty sure she got photo approval for this, which is super rare. Only Beyonce and Gaga have gotten it from American Vogue before I think - Gaga got to choose the black Brandon Maxwell dress she wore on the cover last year against Anna Wintour's wishes

3. Christ, American Vogue is so tired and dated visually.

Them doing Toulouse dirty like that. The good sis looks stuffed! No!

4. I'm curious. What did Anna want to put Gaga in?

5. That cover is awful, but the video is cute. Glad in my head got its shine.

6. RJF

RJF

I’m glad one of the album’s good songs finally got a visual.

Staticboombox, Dijah., Phloo and 3 others like this.
  7. Me after every meal.

8. Anything other than a black dress - she rarely shows an all black outfit in the magazine, let alone the cover

johnny_tsunami and elektroxx like this.
  9. Ariana's cover look must've irked Anna Wintour too then.

enhanced CD likes this.
  10. This is becoming one of my favourite music videos of her's. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love the minor changes to the audio they made and the overall simplicity of the video.

11. “God Is a Woman” remains undefeated for me, in regards to her best videos.

12. [​IMG]

13. No Tears and God is a Woman are God-Tier (videos and the songs themselves)

14. Poor Taxidermy Toulouse.

15. 2014

2014 Moderator

I'm a fan of animals but Ariana's schtick over them....chile

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  16. I thought that was on purpose. It felt like the video was trying to go for high fashion mirror funhouse

17. The video was cute but the Vogue cover is unfortunate.

18. This album is the gift that keeps on giving. For me, her best album.

McQueer likes this.
  19. The God is a woman video is definitely her masterpiece, but I still don’t understand the screaming prairie dogs.

Ariana after having Dave Meyers add that scene:
    upload_2019-7-10_12-21-7.jpeg

Lander, Rem, scottdisick94 and 8 others like this.
  20. Not on topic but I was looking at the sales of Max Martin's biggest hits in the UK and I'm shocked to see that 'Into You' has sold 1,100,000, despite never going top 10. It's surpassed Problem despite that being a #1.

Coming for double platinum. Deserved!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Lander, Rem, JMRGBY88 and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.