Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 517 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. So I’m in the Amsterdam venue. The Golden Circle is hugeeee. Rip off.

Also this opener? Fucking bye.

Gimme bops

Matty_up and steste like this.
  2. Don't do Miss Mai like that

Leis likes this.
  3. Tbh, I had my arms folded during Ella Mai until she did Boo’d Up and then it was over. I saw a lot of yawning and disinterest amongst the audience.

Imagineitwasus likes this.
  4. So yeah, Manchester Pride was the shitshow everybody anticipated.

The toilets and food were sequestered off in a separate part of the venue which, if you entered, you were trapped inside, giving you only one option; leave again and queue back through the front door in what the bouncers estimated at a “four hour queue”.

Happy pride, I guess.

5. Does anyone know any UKunties at Pride who will post an obnoxious amount of Insta stories for me to watch?

6. aux

aux

Just look up Manchester Pride on Twitter, there’s loads of footage of the chaos on there.

distant_cousin likes this.
  7. Cheryl isn't even on and it's 10pm?

Marie Kondo I love mess.gif

8. I’ve been watching the Cheryl live stream, she came on at the right time so Ariana should be running to time too!

ibelieve likes this.
  9. I finally found a Cheryl stream but then got distracted reading up on all the mess of people being denied entry and barriers being broken. Yikes!

aux likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

Or an Azealia one!

11. aux

aux

This is how some of the people there are watching the show...
    [​IMG]

12. The VIP £200 tickets too!

Regular tickets couldn't leave the stage to go to the toilet or bar without having to join the 1 in 1 out queue which was 4 hours long at around 6/7pm.

I get the whole "pride is a protest" and you've not bought a ticket to Ariana you've bought a ticket to Pride but... in a sense people have bought tickets to Ariana, considering you could just buy a ticket to Pride for £15 and you're paying more for the live acts!

Quite glad I chose to avoid it and go to the tour instead, it sounds like many people who got in will be unhappy (in addition to all the people who didn't see it was last entry at 7pm). I just hope this doesn't all reflect badly on Ariana, and the Pride organisers change how they're doing it next year!

lushLuck and aux like this.
  13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

Please remember the forum rules:

Abbreviations (like GA for Girls Aloud, or ‘BTW’ for ‘Born This Way’) can be confusing for people who aren’t intimately acquainted with the ins and outs of an artist’s career – so please write artist and song titles in full.

Thanks.

14. Yikes. Didn't know that was a thing.

15. 7 Rings, Thank U, Next & One Last Time too.

16. Was this streamed by CapitalFM?

17. Don't think it was streamed anywhere. Capital just had updates on their insta story.

18. A sound guy working on Ari’s tour was next to me in the security line at Manchester airport. He had mics and all sorts of tech which of course then put security in a tizzle. He had a copy of the setlist and seemed a jolly type - he didn’t seem to mind when they pulled everything out of his case and repeatedly asked him what each little bit of equipment was for. We were the last two waiting because they seemed so perplexed by all his wires and then both my instruments.

19. So yeah, Pride was absolute carnage but I got down in the afternoon and just parked myself there (save for a fucking hour long queue for the bar). She was great and despite the chaos the energy and vibe was incredible.

20. I still find it so strange that Manchester are only getting a 30 minute Pride set in her tour?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.