Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album) | Page 547 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

1. "last one for a while"

RMK, LP, Laurence and 9 others like this.
  2. According to Billboard's decade-end lists, she's the biggest female artist of the 2010s to have debuted in the decade.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  3. I'm genuinely surprised that this doesn't sample "Ain't Nobody." It's a cute song about Charlie's Angels, but it's not going to change the world.

4. Surprisingly I like the song with Chaka Khan the most even tho I didn’t like the preview, it’s fun! All the songs are nice. I’m glad we finally got She Got Her Own.

5. Oh, wow. It's a Dangerous Woman demo?!

6. Yes it is, we have been waiting so long for it

7. How I Look On You is the best thing here for its DNA being the most similar to Thank U, Next. I think "in my head" does the idea way better, but it's still a good track that could have fit on the album. "We step out on a Friday night, new front page, it's a cute headline, I made you a thing, like, Who's that guy?', say you ain't in it for the spotlight, boy" is a great bit.

I always thought She Got Her Own sounded hollow and empty-sounding since 2016 and it's still 'meh'. Really won't do much with the either Nobody or Bad To You.

She should leak these onto her soundcloud:

8. I love the wonky and kinda menacing production on Got Her Own and How I Look On You. The former is my favourite and I'll gladly take these two and ditch the rest.

9. How I Look On You is the one.

10. How I Look On You is the best of the bunch, it would fit nicely into Thank U, Next.

Bobbyrae, Bogdan, junkos and 4 others like this.
  11. I actually really like all the new songs. Even the Normani one.

junkos likes this.
  12. I think "bAD to YOu (WitH NoRMaNi & NICKI MINAJ)" [why are Last.fm Brazilians like this] is the best but they are all enjoyable?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  13. 'How I Look On You' is the best here but all of them (minus the Chaka track) aren't bad. They do feel a bit unfinished and unpolished though. Great to have 'Got Her Own' but I agree that it definitely sounds quite sparse and empty.

14. Nobody is cute!

junkos likes this.
  15. Nobody is...something else...
    Bad to you is fun , great hook, could be a single.
    How i look on you is the best track
    Got her own sounds kind of empty... It has great potential but lacks energy.

16. Now that I know Nobody doesn't sample/cover Ain't Nobody, I can't be arsed to listen. What a missed opportunity.

17. I'm obsessed with How I Look On You.

maikos87 likes this.
  18. How I Look On You is IT. Should've been on thank u, next

junkos likes this.
  19. I probably won't come back to any of these songs much, but How I Look on You is definitely the best.

My fave song on the soundtrack was actually the M-22, Arlissa & Kiana Ledé track (???). It complements the new Dua.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.