Ariana Grande - thank u, next | Page 572 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nah, you used this one.
    [​IMG]

2. Fff yes because the Pharrell songs at minimum incorporated her vocals in a distinct way we hadn’t had yet from Ariana, as opposed to the kind of perfunctory balladry our grandparents want from their vocalists. I’d much rather have divisive songs like half of Sweetener and throw hands for years over whether they’re great or shit than have ballads that inspire little more than a collective ‘meh’.

3. I love Imagine but don’t think it was the right choice to open the album...
    Having said that, I don’t think this album had an obvious opening track...
    If I had to pick, it would probably be Fake Smile or Needy...
    Or, just to get it over with, Break Up With Your Girlfriend; if you put that first, it’s only up from there...

4. Worms.

5. Imagine should've been a two week number 1 hit single, there I said it.

6. I'm going to take this time to announce that I am a full-time "Hands on Me" stan.

[​IMG]

7. Why would anyone need to? It’s one of her best album cuts!

Music Is Death and superultra like this.
  8. Whew, who knew this titanium plated BOP would be the thematic template for Dangerous Woman. Her mind.

9. Island

Island Staff Member

Lovin It is her most underrated banger.

10. I will defend Sweetener to my fucking DEATH

Can't wait for Ari to have the best album in a rate for the second year running!!

11. I mean there wasn't a lot of competition to start with.

12. "The Light Is Coming" is her worst song.

13. Just A Little Bit of Your Shart is probably her worst. Harry Styles being the writer of it kinda says a lot about it.

14. Yes.
    No.

15. I kinda like 'Just A Little Bit of Your Heart' a bitsy....

16. Half of Sweetener is literally just shit she found in Pharrell's demo bin but a lot of it slaps. Blazed remains an underrated bop.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

I prefer the Lolo Zouaï album to thank u, next. Ari didn’t hit us with the bilingual like Lolo did.

18. me screaming Jason's Song in my car

19. Not that I've listened to his album, but Eminem makes a joke about the bombing at Ariana's concert in Manchester on one of the tracks... it has been picked up by a few online news outlets so far.

tea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.