Ariana Grande - thank u, next | Page 573 | The Popjustice Forum

Ariana Grande - thank u, next

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's still alive?

Mr.Arroz, tea, _hazzie_ and 24 others like this.

2. Deserved.

(Sweetener will go Platinum next week I think)

3. Has it not already passed 300k with streams though? I'm surprised it's taken that long, or have I missed something?

MmmDani likes this.
  4. Only 6 albums went platinum in the U.K. last year.

5. That's crazy! They definitely need to work on the ratio of streams to sales.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I agree that quality control has never been her issue, but I think it's her tracklistings that let the albums down. I think Dangerous Woman is the only one I don’t have problems with (it’s a Big Pop Album and the highs are spread out evenly/perfectly), but the other four could all do with tweaks to make them flow better. My Everything and especially Sweetener would benefit greatly by having some actual thought put into their running orders.

7. Circles is really good.

8. RJF

RJF

9. "Ariana Grande returns to the Grammy stage for a special performance."

aniraz, aux, MmmDani and 6 others like this.
  10. Stan Twitter is starting rumors of an “in my head” performance because of a Wikipedia page? The reach.

11. Nn watch her start with My Favorite Things from Sound of Music and then go into 7 Rings. I feel like that's the most likely scenario

12. She just celebrated its year anniversary the other day on Instagram multiple times, so I'm expecting this fully nn

13. If the key signature is actually an indicator and she doesn't transpose anything, it'll be at least one of R.E.M., breathin, or imagine. If the time signature says 8/4 it's one of the first two, if it's 3/4 or 6/4 then it's imagine, but that's pretty inconclusive from the pic.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  14. Omg that would be amazing tho

15. Well we can consider one of those unlikely dddd.

I actually loved the first performance of Imagine so it'll be nice to see her take it to an even grander level:

16. She looks gorgeous in grey

Holly Something and Mr Blonde like this.
  17. Where’s Toulouse though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.