Arlissa - Healing | The Popjustice Forum

Arlissa - Healing

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IAmRockstar, Jan 16, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

BBC Sound of 2013 nominee, Arlissa already released a track with the legendary Nas at the tail end of this year but that song was a bit of a red herring and Arlissa's music has actually been receiving more comparisons to the likes of Florence + The Machine!

Sticks and Stones is her official 1st single

LISTEN HERE

She also performed it on TOTP

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZkzjhr7AVQ[/video]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Nicola Roberts is fucking livid.

It's alright though, isn't it? One to watch, as they say.

3. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

I am glad you posted this. I actually checked her out today after seeing her name on the BBC Sound of 2013 list, but I could only find her track with Nas, which wasn't exactly my cup of tea. This, however, sounds much more promising to me. So thank you, I'll definitely be checking for her!

4. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

To me this sounds like Wynter Gordon's EPs if anything.

I'm really liking it though!

5. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Was expecting something more urban. The single is alright but not really my cup of tea.

6. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

How many times has Sticks & Stones been thrown about the past year? Nicola Roberts, Cher Lloyd etc

7. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Yeah I think from her look people expect maybe another Rihanna clone but I like that there's an element of surprise when you first discover her.

The song reminds me a bit of a more uptempo Clare Maguire, i'm literally obsessed with it

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

I quite like this.

9. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

[video=youtube;aSg2lTpmlMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSg2lTpmlMI[/video]

She's ridiculously beautiful! The song is amazing but she seems to lack that *umph* factor right now visually and when she performs, sort of like Little Boots

10. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

I love this track. I was keeping track of her since her song with Nas, and I'm glad she's got a great lead single!

11. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Sticks & Stones is really nice. Look forward to hearing more from her.

mi|kshake~

12. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

This really is a great song, she really reminds me of Shakira Shakira.

13. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

This is out next week?! I don't recall hearing this on the radio at all.

14. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

'Sticks and Stones' made #48 on the charts in the end. It's not all bad though, as she has bagged her deal with the ever growing Roc Nation

15. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Adore "Sticks & Stones", I love the tribal-esque percussion and chants. I just listened to Ghosts for the first time, I don't like it as much as Sticks & Stones but the eastern feel is very nice.
    Is "Battles" going to be an album with influences from across the world?

16. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Sticks & Stones not smashing is one of the biggest injustices of the year so far. Hope whatever her next single is manages a load of airplay.

17. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

I kind of like that she still has some anonymity about her. Nevertheless, Battles isn't due out until November, plenty of time for another single to promo the hell out of.

18. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

I really like Sticks And Stones, but there's something about the production that holds it back. Needs some tinkering.

19. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

This is gorgeous! I wish she'd get a 2nd single out, and doesn't take forever to get music out like most Roc Nation acts (minus Rihanna of course haha)

[video=youtube;yjtMnteIeIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjtMnteIeIk[/video]

20. Re: Arlissa - Sticks and Stones / Debut Album

Recently discovered this lady through... the Littlewoods advert...

Kept thinking - what is this absolute tune! Quick Google search shows it is Arlissa and her song Into the Light which is due for release on 20th October. Really excited to hear it properly in full. Seems to be no video for it from what I can see though - which is odd! Unless it isn't an official single and more just a buzz track from the advert.

Excited to hear more!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.