Arrested Development (The TV Show) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Arrested Development (The TV Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by cleggar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Well this is joyous news.

2. If I remember rightly, Season 4 ended with Lindsay being reborn as a right-wing activist, which will be odd to see continued given Portia now plays a right-wing Senator in Scandal.

3. Officially picked up for season 5 at Netflix! From Variety:

The streaming service has greenlit a much-anticipated fifth season of the family comedy, which is set to launch in 2018. Original creator Mitchell Hurwitz is back, along with the entire series regular cast, including Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Portia de Rossi, David Cross and Alia Shawkat.

“In talks with Netflix we all felt that that stories about a narcissistic, erratically behaving family in the building business — and their desperate abuses of power — are really underrepresented on TV these days,” said Hurwitz in a statement on Wednesday. “I am so grateful to them and to 20th TV for making this dream of mine come true in bringing the Bluths, George Sr., Lucille and the kids; Michael, Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, George-Michael, and who am I forgetting, oh Tiffany. Did I say Tiffany? — back to the glorious stream of life.”

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Oh the possibilities of Arrested Development taking on Trump..
    Already so here for this.

5. I hope we get the re edit of season 4 before this comes out.
    I know that Ron Howard recorded a chronological narration for the series but I don't think it's been released anywhere yet, unless it's on a bluray or something.

I'm so excited for this.

Robbietoxic and ephemeralartery like this.
  6. Hopefully their insanely busy schedules will allow them to be all in the same room this time.

Mr Blonde and Smooth Criminal like this.
  7. Looks like it. Huzzah!

8. I've read that the season will rely heavily on flashbacks with younger Bluths to allow for the present-time Bluths to be together more.

9. I'm honestly not ready to find out what Michael Cera looks like nowadays. *shudder*

willyeverman likes this.
  10. Thrilled at this news! Can't wait for more Bluth family madness!

11. Ryan Seacrest is such a shithead.

12. I never finished Season 4 after hating the first episode, so I guess I now have to get around to it.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

The payoff is definitely in the later episodes there.
    The first ones are sort of supposed to not make complete sense, feel a bit disjointed, and deliver jokes without a punchline (just yet)

lushLuck and aznjesus like this.
  14. Season 5 has wrapped according to Alia Shawkat. It features 'the wall' and definitely deals with Trump being elected in some fashion. I wonder what they're going to do about Tambor, though I'm guessing since they're done filming the season will just go ahead as planned.

15. Nothing will ever be funnier than Dr. Fünke's 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution.

16. Tony Hale posted about it on Instagram too and he didn't mention Tambor at all.

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SEASON 4 THE RE-UP: BUSTER RELOADED WIIIG!!!

18. This is brilliant. To be honest, I can barely remember season 4, I can only remember it being a slog, so I’m hoping this remix is going to solve a lot of its problems.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I did love some of the twists and turns of season 4. The way certain bits turned out to be something entirely different than they seemed once you got more info.
    Still rewatching it in a different way with season 5 to follow soon will be exciting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.