Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by bonnieetclyde, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Destinys Child (outwith The Writings on the Wall)

iveivan, moorje and YourLeadSinger like this.
  2. Oh Yes! How could I forget! I’ve never liked a Destiny’s Child album but their greatest hits is immaculate.

_Gru_ likes this.
  3. Richard Marx. His two "main" studio albums went to the great charity shop in the sky but I really like, and have still got, his 1997 Greatest Hits.

4. Spice Girls
    Adele
    Ariana Grande
    Justin Timberlake

5. Three of them haven't released Greatest Hits though?

6. Haha, I was thinking about their future greatest hits albums (or current Best Of Playlists).

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  7. With streaming and playlists taking over I doubt this is ever happening honestly ddd. But if anyone is deserving of one, it's her.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  8. Whitney Houston is the perfect example of this for me - voice from the Lord, incredible singles, and mostly forgettable album tracks.

Mvnl, 1986 and Island like this.
  9. Oh, I think My Love is Your Love and I Look to You are great albums.

10. And I love the debut.

CDMCLP and bonnieetclyde like this.
  11. Dare I say it, but this was a better listen than her early studio albums which all had their fare share of filler:
    [​IMG]

12. Forever yes, the first 2 are untouchable.

Blue6010, Mvnl, CDMCLP and 1 other person like this.
  13. I’m not a big fan of most of their non-singles songs, except for a few really good ones like Something Kinda Funny which I love.

14. Travis are the ultimate example of a Greatest Hits act for me, even though their actual singles collection wasn’t perfect (they should have waited a bit longer, I think). I love a lot of their singles, but a whole studio album? Meh.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  15. Alison Moyet

16. I’d also like to say that the Backstreet Boys’ first Greatest Hits collection (European Edition) is all killer, no filler. Their albums? Patchy.

Wishlight, Tchelitchew, Mvnl and 2 others like this.
  17. Whitney's first two albums are no filler classics. Let's not!

18. When it came out I remember looking at the track list and thinking it was too heavy with tracks from I’m Not Dead and Funhouse, whereas Try This was severely unrepresented, and obviously leaving off Most Girls was a choice indeed.

Mvnl and bonnieetclyde like this.
  19. Whitney has I know him so hell and WH has far too many dreary duets. The highs are so high that you kind of feel like everything is that standard in hindsight.

trussy74, Andy French and Vasilios like this.
  20. Pink
    Kylie Minogue
    Janet Jackson
    Britney
    Madonna
    Justin Timberlake
    Cheryl Tweedy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.