Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by bonnieetclyde, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Trust. You will be dealt with. Period. Period.

2. I had to double-take, Lord have mercy on you.

3. Control to Velvet Rope is one of the most impressive album runs by a popstar period.

4. Someone didn't make it past The Velvet Rope I see...

thequinntessential and Mvnl like this.
  5. I agree, in part, although I think The Man Who is mostly killer.

marie_05 and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  6. Who hurt you?

7. The Pussycat Dolls (if they had one)
    Taylor Swift (maybe)
    Christina Aguilera (Albums are too long & filler)
    Black Eyed Peas
    Justin Timberlake

Daniel_O likes this.
  8. Agreed, they have some high quality singles but some of the stuff on their albums is just torture to get through.

bonnieetclyde and Daniel_O like this.
  9. I agree besides Stripped.

Stripped is a long masterpiece. An experience if you will.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I’d take of something like Nobody Knows for those (Leave Me Alone is one of my favourites) and missing Most Girls was a choice but otherwise it was pretty jam packed with great singles. Not like she released a 12 track greatest hits leaving of half of them

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  11. The opposite! Outside of Stripped, I think the best songs on her catalogue are actually album tracks.

keenan likes this.
  12. Bionic isn't long ENOUGH!

bonnieetclyde, Andy French and jawow_ like this.
  13. Some of her work is definitely more tailored to the adult contemporary format, which might seem boring compared to her dance and R&B hits. I did learn to to appreciate those songs as well, though.

Andy French and Mvnl like this.
  14. I've seen Justin Timberlake listed a few times. Has he released a hits album?

15. The first one is good it’s the second one that let them down

My favourite song by her is an album track, but there too much on the albums.
    Not that I know off, I’d say he’s one bad album way from having more good than bad albums.

16. Not even the '70s Supremes?

17. Gabrielle's albums can be filler-ish, but her 2001 Greatest Hits is genuinely skip-free.

Daniel L and Mvnl like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Eternal's Greatest Hits is genuinely great. Outside of the first album, their albums are just meh.

19. Please don't kill me but I always just listen to the Celebration GH from Madonna...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.