Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Artists with Average Albums but Amazing Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by bonnieetclyde, Dec 3, 2021.

1. I don't usually mind extended album versions but a lot of the tracks on M People's studio albums are in my opinion needlessly long. I bought 'Elegant Slumming' at the time on the back of the 'Renaissance' single, which I loved and still love. But the album version is really drawn out and loses its punch. 'The Best of M People' is great, although it misses out one of their earlier singles, 'Excited'.

2. Yes, I agree. Sometimes less is more, and that does apply very much here.

CDMCLP likes this.
  3. Eternal are definitely a shout. Strong singles discography but their albums are all total snoozefests.

4. I'll probably get lynched for this, but....Whitney.

Isobel likes this.
  5. Always and Forever, was by far their strongest studio album. Like Power Of A Woman alot, but yes they were more about their excellent run of singles also.

Holly Something and Eric Generic like this.
  6. Adele comes to mind.
    The singles draw me in but I can never get through a whole album.

AshtrayHeart and bonnieetclyde like this.
  7. It wouldn't do anything now, but she missed a trick not releasing one of these five or so years ago.

bonnieetclyde and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  8. Eric, Eric, Eric...

[​IMG]

9. Ricky Martin's English material. All 3 of his English albums are patchy as hell.
    His Spanish material though? Legendary, loads of hidden gems on those albums.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  10. Accurate but it would’ve been nice to have gotten one in 2019 to house both “Let You” and “Love Made Me Do It”.

11. Yeah, that seemed like more of a missed opportunity. Would have been great to remind people of her hits, tack on a few new tracks, gain a little more exposure before launching a new album.

DiscoIgor07 likes this.
  12. "Real Things" is a really strong album though, give it a go.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I have and quite enjoy all their albums (even the one with the 2 girls) but yeah overall I'd never consider putting on an album of theirs. (To be honest I wouldn't really put on their greatest hits either but hey)

14. Real things has some bangers on. I can't believe Hypnotised was never a single. It could have potentially crossed them over to a more 'credible' audience.

OK maybe they'd have to edit out 'tiggedy techno' but that track would have suited a really trancey remix.

15. Face To Face, Burning Like Fire and Sensuality too

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  16. Is….. is this allowed on Popjustice?

17. Imagining the chaos this post would have caused if posted in the main PJ thread.

phoenix123 and AcerBenII like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.