Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album | The Popjustice Forum

Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MYCAL, May 22, 2015.

1. Preview of first single coming soon 'Get Stupid' with album later this year -

[video=youtube;BdI1Hf8Xqvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdI1Hf8Xqvg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  2. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Sounds pretty good - and more important, doesn't sound like generic dance music which is a bonus.

3. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

I feel like he's left it a bit late.

I love little Aston so hope it's a success.

4. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

It sounds pretty good from that snippet, but I get the feeling radio won't care about him.

5. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Sounds awful judging from the snippet.

6. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Sounds really close to the Nathan Sykes lane. Kind of surprised this is actually coming now. The JLS breakup popped into my head for some reason the other day and I was wondering why his solo attempt never launched.

Perhaps the delay will prove to be a good idea given how quickly JLS faded. Looks like a pretty different image in that clip.

7. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

[video=youtube;uIJDD1Cldgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIJDD1Cldgc[/video]

I quite like it, but I can't see it doing much chart wise.

8. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Wow that's awful, it's like a rip-off of Uptown Funk without any of the catchiness and Aston's voice doesn't suit the song.

9. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

So the Mall-budget Uptown Funk then.

10. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Not a fan of the song at all, the video's ok - Aston sells it well and looks good but the song's too weak to be saved!

11. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

It's like a hybrid of Blurred Lines/Uptown Funk.

I think it has potential that Aston will never reach with it.

12. Re: Aston Merrygold - "Get Stupid" + Debut Solo Album Discussion Thread

Absolutely horrific.

13. Words cannot adequately describe what I just sat through. Quite possibly the worst pile of shite I have ever been exposed to. Everything is hideous.

So naturally, this is going to Number One because the British GP have a habit of sending utter dross to #1.

14. What has he done to himself....?!? That's 4 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

I was expecting something edgy. This is like he's trying to be a watered down UK version of Bruno Mars.

[​IMG]
    Don't get me started on that hair!

15. RJF

RJF

Why on earth would you expect that?!

16. Hahaha. So true.

17. Now I know how Natalia Kills felt. I mean if I was married to Bruno Mars.

18. Sure it's derivative and uninteresting, but it's catchy and he sold it reasonably well. Maybe I'd feel different if I had been following pop when JLS were around.

19. That Riddler/Edward Nigma rhyme has me cringing.

20. My word, he's just exhausting. Everything is so try-hard - the hair, the styling, the singing, the dancing, the camera-flirting. If he toned it down about five notches (and threw in a chorus), it would be a bit easier to handle.

As it stands, Nathan from The Wanted is winning the ex-boyband-member-that-everybody-forgot-about-gone-solo-with-added-horns battle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.