Astrid S | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Astrid S

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, May 4, 2016.

1. 'Breathe' remains one of the best pop songs in recent memory and I'll be forever bitter it didn't do shit.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Well you're in luck.

Apparently she agrees.

feat. one of the Skam twinks. It's all very "Hannah Lux Davis' understudy".

3. I would have preferred a video for Does She Know, to be honest.

Ferk likes this.
  4. I'm not in love with thie new EP... I think the first one was better.

Anyway, she has great potential. I want an album!

Ferk likes this.
  5. Acoustic EP for Party's Over.

rubirub and xtophermorrison like this.
  6. I was going to come in and post this. I like that it's actually acoustic and not the same studio vocals over acoustic instruments that seem to be plaguing every single song released in the past 6 months.

rubirub and Diet Pop! like this.
  7. It's boring but I'm still perched for the album that's probably never coming in our lifetimes.

rubirub likes this.
  8. 'Such a Boy' is so good.

BSpearsFan and aleksssa like this.
  9. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Refreshingly blatant.

10. I like that she wastes no time releasing music. These other flop girls & their labels need to take notes.

gagapourgaga likes this.
  11. It's called "Think Before I Talk"

via her Twitter header

[​IMG]

12. Dang! She moved on from Party's Over pretty quickly! Hope this song is a bop!

13. Aesthetic on point as usual. The underscore is new isn't it.

xtophermorrison likes this.
  14. Yeah - she seems to be changing her logo with every 'era'

15. Clip of the new song.

16. New song is out there. It's not my favorite of hers, but it's still good. Not really single material, but hey what can you do?

17. As was said, it's not her best but still serviceable. In other news, Such A Boy has grown so much on me.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

It worries me a bit that she's changed her aesthetic and sound so soon after the Party's Over EP. I have a feeling she just wanted to get it done with as soon as possible so she could go in a more acoustic R&B direction.

The song's fine, but the EP felt like the start of her becoming something really special.

19. The turn-around from the EP to this supposedly leading the album is definitely very odd.

Think Before You Talk is cute, but Breathe & Such A Boy are way better and had far more potential (you'd think they would have put everything behind Such A Boy since it almost went to #1 in Norway too...)

Txetxu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.