Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - The Results! | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - The Results!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Music City Queen, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

I would've given If You Come To Me and Someone Like Me 10/10

2. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

I think I gave The Tide Is High a 6. It probably would have gotten a higher score if Billie's version didn't exist.

3. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

The added bridge in Tide is High is EVERYTHING.

4. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

Probably, but 'Tide Is High' would have been released anyway.

5. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

In 9th place is the fourth and final single from the album, Feels So Good.

[​IMG]

Love Doesn't Have To Hurt finishes in 9th place. It peaked at #4 in the UK.

6. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

Boo, perhaps my least favourite single from AK, there were so many other, better choices from Feels So Good.

7. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

Voodoo if you change the title I think more people would get involved with this thread. I keep forgetting results are happening...

I really loved the single version of 'Love Doesn't Have To Hurt', I agree the album had so many better choices though - 'Walking On Water' especially.

8. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

How do I do that? I can't figure out how to

9. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

Yeah! It's the best part of the song, and it's why the Kittens' version is my favorite when otherwise Billie's is a little better.

Also love "Love Doesn't Have to Hurt," though the album version is better (less screechy) than the single mix.

"It's OK!" to win, please. I find "Whole Again" very overrated.

10. All my faves are leving very rapidly! I'm rooting for Be With You and The Last Goodbye. The perfect double a-side.

11. We're leaving the Big Country behind as we say goodbye to I Want Your Love.

[​IMG]

Originally entitled All The Right Things and recorded with Sugababes Heidi Range (my favourite!), the song was released as the third single from the groups debut album Right Now. It charted at #10 on the UK Singles Chart.

12. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

YES! Such a great song, probably the best on the album next to The Last Goodbye.

13. 'Its Ok' for the win! It'll probably be 'Whole Again' though.

14. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

A million time yes to 'Walking On The Water', that should have been released instead of 'LDHTH' and 'Feels So Good' should have been the Double A side with 'The Last Goodbye.

15. Re: Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate - Deadline: Sunday 30th March

Agreed with both of this. The Moment You Leave Me is another single worthy track. The Feels So Good album was incredibly strong.

16. Awww, I like 'I Want Your Love'. It is trashy and reeks of cheese but still brilliant!

17. I Want Your Love should have had a top 3 placement at the least!

18. Atomic Kitten's discography really does divide opinion so strongly more so than most girl bands!

*If I'd seen this thread in time Top 5*
    1. Last Goodbye
    2. You Are
    3. It's OK!
    4. I Want Your Love
    5. If You Come To Me

19. I Want Your Love is my favourite Atomic Kitten song. Cheesy pop at it's best!

20. It's time to say see ya to See Ya, the second single from the groups debut album.

[​IMG]

The song peaked at #6 in the UK, selling 86,773 copies making it the groups seventh best selling single in the UK. The single was released around the same time as B*Witched's final single, so many regarded Atomic Kitten as the bands replacement. The song was the first single which Liz McClarnon had writing credits on.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.