Au/Ra | The Popjustice Forum

Au/Ra

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Inland Empire, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

(I feel like there might be a thread on her already that the search function won't pick up. If that's the case then uhh, sorry.)

Anyway, after having a bit of a surprise hit alongside CamelPhat with Panic Room, Au/Ra's back with a big bassy bop (with a bit of a cringy title).

And if you've been sleeping on her, lemme just say you've been missing out on a lot:

Digital_Fossil, soratami and 2014 like this.
  2. Inland Empire

New EP (with shit artwork).

elektroxx, soratami and nooniebao like this.
  3. She seems very interesting to me...

I love her collaboration with Alan Walker.

soratami and phily693 like this.
  4. Inland Empire

5. I’m definitely keeping an eye on AU/RA. I went into her opening set on the Tove Styrke US tour thinking, “It’s that girl with the dumb Emoji song,” and came out as somewhat of a fan. Sure, some of the ideas are a little half-baked, but she possesses enough charisma to (mostly) pull it off. And, yeah, I did end up joyfully singing along to “Emoji.”

6. Assassin is a really sassy dark vibe bop and I love it.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love her! Panic Room is still fantastic but Assassin is spectacular - rooting for her.

Digital_Fossil and Inland Empire like this.
  8. The fact she’s only 16 amazes me. Hopefully she blows up like Billie did.

9. I don't know who this is, but I was scrolling down the list of threads and thought she had a cool name, listened to a few songs and i'm intrigued.

10. The blue-green hair, the anime aesthetic, the bops... come through real life Hatsune Miku.

Honestly though, the X Games EP is pretty great. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on her as well.

Inland Empire likes this.
  11. “Emoji” is ingeniously tongue-in-cheek in its cleverness. Obviously the subject matter could be very eyeroll-emoji but it’s a very intelligent take, and every single melody is breathtaking. Thankfully it’s getting a lot of play on Diplo’s Revolution.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This song is so huge but her schtick's gonna get tired really quick

Jones322 likes this.
  13. This is great.

14. Spotify finally recommended her enough to me that I checked her out in depth. I would have never guessed she were as young as she is, but it also makes so much sense.

I could nit-pick flaws in some songs and the aesthetic overall, but there are enough legit pop songs here that it doesn’t matter. I’m not sure if there’s that immediate, striking factor of Billie’s music here, but there’s an already well-crafted sound that has pumped out the bops. She rules.

15. She was in the studio with Lewis Blissett the other day, Kind of curious what will come of that.

16. I just found Assassin via the Elite S2 announcement video and it sounds so GOOD.

2014, Digital_Fossil and alejandrusco like this.
  17. Same! Just discovered her because of the Elite trailer, Assassin is a BOP.

2014 and Digital_Fossil like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.