AUGUST 2022 PJ CHARTS: TOP 10 SONG REVEALS NOW... | The Popjustice Forum

AUGUST 2022 PJ CHARTS: TOP 10 SONG REVEALS NOW...

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by GimmeWork, Aug 18, 2022.

?

The winner is...

1. Blackpink in your area

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. BLACK! PINK!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Blackpink is the revolution

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. There's music other than Renaissance?

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Be Gentle. It's Our First Time....

[​IMG]

AUGUST 2022 PJ CHARTS

[​IMG]

Welcome PJers to your favorite monthly charts. This time hosted by yours truly and my lovely partner in crime @tea. It's August and Fuck. It. Is. HOT! So come cool down, spill all the (iced) @tea about your favorite tunes, post your FYCs and discover what else is HOT this month.

Are you running with Thee Stallion or running from organ harvesters with Carly? Tiny Dancing with Britney and Elton or succumbing to the venom with Blackpink? Regardless, you're probably trying to figure out how to remove your neck from underneath Bey's heel with Madge on The Queen's Remix? Let us know!

This is our first time to host anything on PJ, so THANK YOU for having us, for your participation and your patience as we do our best to make it another great month. Cheers!

Watch2Gether:
    watch2gether Saturday Sept 3rd and Sunday Sept 4th at 5PM BST

Hosted by @soratami

RULES

1. Send a chart of your 10 favourite songs and 5 to 10 favourite albums (using the format below) in a PM to @GimmeWork AND @tea . Please send your votes in a PM to BOTH of us!
    2. You can choose to send only songs or albums if you wish.
    3. The songs can be singles, album tracks, demos, or anything you want.
    4. The albums can be full length, EP, compilations and even unreleased albums.
    5. You cannot submit a ballot entirely full of K-pop. There is an equally fabulous K Chart run by @Slice of Life.
    6. You must vote for at least one non K-pop song (a K-pop song for the Japanese/Chinese/etc market is treated the same as a release for Korean audiences). I would encourage you to vote for at least one non K-pop album, but it is not required.
    7. The songs and albums can be released whenever, but releases within the past 6 months or so have the best chance to make a chart.
    8. The charts should be what you've been listening to in the past month.
    9. Your favourite song/album gets 10 points, scaling all the way down to 1 point.
      The total points earned builds the chart.
    10. An album or song must have a minimum of two voters to chart.
    11. Ties are broken by number of voters, then by highest vote, by quality of vote, then lowest score. If we still can't break parity the entries remain tied.
    12. The top five songs each month make the PJ Chart Rate, a modified Eurovision Style contest that runs once a year.
    [​IMG]

BALLOT FORMAT

Please use the following template when voting.

10 points:
    9 points:
    8 points:
    7 points:
    6 points:
    5 points:
    4 points:
    3 points:
    2 points:
    1 point:​

If you are only voting for five albums, stop at 6 points.

When submitting a specific entry PLEASE use the following formats

Song (Feature Artist) - Main Artist
    Album - Artist

If a song has two artists, but neither is featured, please submit accordingly

Song - Main Artist 1 & Main Artist 2

Special thanks to the incomparable @ohnostalgia and @boombazookajoe for your much appreciated guidance and all you do to keep this going. xx

VOTES DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH @ 11:59PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    pop3blow2, Sail On, evilsin and 14 others like this.
  2. !!FYCS!!

[​IMG]

Spotify playlist courtesy of the marvelous @BubblegumBoy

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  3. !!RESULTS!!
    [​IMG]

4. !!!IN CASE WE NEED IT!!!
    [​IMG]

Ok post away to your heart's content!

5. Since August is my birthday month, I'm expecting you all to pay closer attention to my FYC songs/albums this time ddd

I'll share some of them later on..

6. What B. Devotion excellence awaits us?

And Happy Birthday to you my wonderful friend!! Sorry I forgot on the day a couple of days ago xxx

7. Happy Late Birthday from me as well ddd. Sorry I missed it.

I can't believe we're gonna have a new Britney song to support this month.

8. !!!FYCS!!!

9. Beyoncé, Madonna, Britney, Nicki, Megan and Carly all releasing stuff this month...

[​IMG]

10. The way Demi's album tops all of these except Britney dddd.

The only reason it tops Madonna is because Finally Enough Love isn't original material though.

Phonetics Girl, Maki and GimmeWork like this.
  11. Currently all my FYCs are K-Pop:

For the respecting your elders girlies

For the rock girlies

For the R&B(ish) girlies

For the actual R&B girlies

12. Early FYCs:

13. PLEASE for the love of blink fyc this to top 5! <3

14. Playlist here!

Invite link

For some reason it's showing as page unavailable. Anyone know how to fix it?

15. This is a test @BubblegumBoy

Edit: Okay, that seems to be work -- so if @GimmeWork and @tea want to copy this link for the FYC post, feel free!

16. FYC Part 2

The invite link never wants to work for me. Would someone be able to add Shadow to the playlist? Please and thank you xx.

Maki, pop3blow2, Diet Pop! and 3 others like this.
  17. @BubblegumBoy @boombazookajoe Thank you for this. Having a rookie moment... it won't seem to allow me to embed the link through media. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it. Wow I was having a moment...dddd Must get more coffee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.