Australia 2018 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Australia 2018

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by ItTakesAMuscle, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I still laugh at his bum note from time to time.

2. I so badly want this to be amazing and I'm worried it'll just be like... decent.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  3. Isaiah was OK, he and the song just weren't memorable.

For those that heard the leak, is Jess's song a ballad or a bop?

4. Total bop. Sounded like a bit of a banger to be honest....

ThisIsRogue likes this.
  5. I have a good feeling about this.

6. YAS! I listened to the Get ‘Em Girls album today and she serves bops and bangers consistently. It’s a nice switch up as well after the slower songs Australia has been serving.

7. MOTHERFUCKING ACE!!!!!

Blayke likes this.
  8. That is great!

Blayke likes this.
  9. I’m content with this – it’s certainly an upgrade from last year. I’m just disappointed that there aren’t any Indigenous Australian elements (which she said she was exploring in an interview earlier this year), because that would’ve made this stand out a lot more in what is a mostly mid-tempo contest.

It feels like Australia have played it safe and I think it'll backfire this time.

NecessaryVoodoo and Blayke like this.
  10. Everything about it is unremarkable.

I'd rather have Jess warbling through Sea of Flags again.

11. This'll be you in two days @Rhombus

Attached Files:

12. I mean it's in the top 5 songs of ESC 2018 so far but only by default dddd

13. It’s a good thing that Australia & Azerbaijan aren’t in the same semi because they strike me as being kinda similar. I’m underwhelmed to be honest, in the hands of a less capable vocalist this would be a bit of a snooze even amongst the sleep-inducing genre of mid-tempo empowerment tracks.

Also delete that hashtag from the title immediately Australia please.

14. The Azeri song is better oop.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. Having Aboriginal elements to the track would have escalated the song to an 11, maybe even MORE. There's no representation in the video either, which is a shame.

16. Neither are great nn.

17. 'I cross my heart, I tear down the firewalls
    I cross my heart, I'm stronger than cannonballs
    I'll never sto-o-o-o-op
    Luna moon me up, to the to-o-op'

What the fuck does luna moon me up mean? How can one exactly tear down a firewall?
    [​IMG]

18. Structurally, it has verses, a bridge and a catchy chorus. This...has verses, a middle eight and kinda has a chorus, but there isn't really anything to latch onto.

Also, the '#' in the title is just as bad as the 'X' in 'X My Heart'.

Squashua likes this.
  19. I guess some people just don't want Australia in the competition. And that's fine. Just be upfront about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.