Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album) | Page 235 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I don't think the plural is correctly employed in this sentence.

2. Any mention of Noah Cyrus just makes me think of this and I will never stop finding it funny-

3. Sksksksksksk. I need context for this video.

4. Salt and Kings and Queens are hits in some countries. Did Noah even chart?.

5. Eh it's partly true. She has multiple hits in Norway and Germany, but even though Germany is the second biggest market in Europe, it's not a given that those hits can result in a decent chart placing for the album. When it comes to Germany, her situation reminds me of Ashley Tisdale or Natalia who collected a few top 20 songs there but still saw their albums flop. Kat Deluna had the same situation in Belgium and we all know where she is now (we don't).

Ironically, the Max Cut remains a car crash but it's really the only thing about her that was put in place to give her some sort of image, despite the extremely generic music. I'm sure that most people still don't know who she is despite her songs being on decent rotation all around Europe.

TRAVVV and Crisp X like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It’s “Stop No Outsiders”. I’m pretty sure it’s a video from the homophobic protests in Birmingham against the No Outsiders anti-bullying programme (because it talks about LGBT people).

7. I'm not being shady, and my point still stands. It doesn't seem like they've been working with mostly that market in mind until recently. Why are they sitting on a finished album then?

lushLuck and spaceship like this.
  8. Oh, that's significantly less funny now. And now that you've pointed it out, I can hear "Stop No Outsiders" instead of "Stop Noah Cyrus."

lushLuck and Andy French like this.
  9. Oh yikes.

10. Meh. Her streams are pretty solid. Bigger than a lot the forum faves. And while her image is a complete disaster, the songs are fun, if not dated, bops. I do think sometimes the fun teasing about her starts to fall into being mean spirited and I have no idea why. She's harmless. Like, who she's dating is not keeping her from getting dropped. Get a grip.

OlliMaus, Bolton, Neon Green and 31 others like this.
  11. I was actually shocked when I found out Ava is from the US. Every single element of her look and sound screams Europop.

12. I find it funny that most of this thread drags her and is saying things like "she should of been dropped" blah blah when she's doing okay how she is and has done a lot more success wise than quite a number of female artists in the same lane. An album release doesn't mean your successful - yes it shows that if with a label they have confidence, but I don't think her not getting an album out means she's "fLOPPING" or she's a disaster. Most of you just like to drag her for the sake.

BrokenHearts and dontkillmyvibe like this.
  13. Anything to bring this post back...

She is clearly a cash cow to the label!

Mikal likes this.
  14. How badly I wish this was really about Noah Cyrus. She must be stopped.

15. The Noah Cyrus thing is hilarious, I totally believed it hahaha

Ava Max has done very well on Spotify in some North EU countries cos her label has paid lots of cash to have her songs as track #1 on every imaginable playlist, and even then, she's had small hits not huge #1s... if something the label is losing money with Ava Max... plus an album is totally different, people have to go and stream your album, so will be interesting to see how her album does on streaming...

16. The fact that this wasn't obvious from the get go is concerning, sis.

17. I should probably book an appointment with an audiologist, tbh.

18. If a single release gets postponed and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

19. I thought someone was taking the piss but I just looked and it’s actually her profile picture on Instagram I-

20. Ddddddddd reminds me of this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.