Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album) | Page 256 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. All she had to do was make it as gay as possible and she flopped at that.

2. I think this is her best single.

Great production, hooks everywhere, catchy as shit - if it's not a hit there's really no hope for her

jamesmax and stuaw like this.
  3. I can’t wait for Ava’s second album when she gets rid of the Max cut and reheated 2009 demos and can start being taken more seriously around here.

Who’s Laughing Now is cute. I’ll use.

moonchild1313 likes this.
  4. That would require her team having any kind of awareness for her brand. These are the same people that thought it was "kewl" to put the wig in the Ava Max logo.
    I have no faith, but let's see.

6. Yeah, me too!

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Who's Laughing Now knocks......guess she is laughing now.

Falcon, thommyh, stuaw and 3 others like this.
  8. I finally got to the video and it’s definitely a product of a different time. The song is ok. I still prefer Torn and Kings & Queens. I did end up liking On Somebody but of course it’s not on here. If she ends up releasing a vinyl I’ll grab the album. I don’t mind some simple bops at all so I can appreciate it for what it is.

flowersandu and moonchild1313 like this.
  9. The tarot visualizer for "Kings & Queens" is still the best thing she's put out. It's so beautiful! I've enjoyed her last few singles, but I can't get into "Who's Laughing Now" at all.

thommyh and Yuri like this.
  10. I don't really visit this thread much but I try to stan her because I really do love Salt, Blood Sweat Tears, Torn and SBS (I was actually stanning SBS before it got like "big" kii. hashtag real fan) but I wish she could just ditch this... nickelodeon era?? gdrfg. I also stan her for how she's just like.... here.... A more famous mainstream Nadia Oh, methinks.

stuaw, JASPER. and collxtion like this.
  11. I gave this song about 600 plays this weekend. Prototype earworm pop song formula... worked.

stuaw, Cristian Sanchez and thommyh like this.
  12. Last week I was trying to see if I could maybe change the album cover by using the graphic elements of the Kings & Queens artwork and lyric video. Well I gave up ddd but I'm sharing anyway, maybe someone can get something decent out of it (?)

It's very dodgy/coverlandia and pixelated

[​IMG]

13. Add me to the list of those bopping to Who's Laughing Now. I'm glad Salt, Torn and So Am I made the album honestly. On Somebody, Freaking Me Out and the excellent Blood, Sweat & Tears being axed makes for enough orphan singles. Does she have any impact in Japan (nobody copy this question and remove "in Japan" for kiiis)? I wonder if any of those three will find a home there.

stuaw, Cristian Sanchez and thommyh like this.
  14. I don't think you need to be that successful to have your album released in Japan, I'm sure we can expect a bonus track thrown their way. Hopefully all three.

15. Okay but I love this.

I really, genuinely, truly don't understand what some of you are hearing in Who's Larfing Now, because it screams "basic album track" to me. In a very gravelly, unpleasant voice. That's been smoking six packs a day for 42 years. I've managed to find something to grab onto with a lot of her singles, but nothing about it stands out to me - it's her blandest song since Blood Sweat & Tears.

Syzygyz, OspreyQueen, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  16. I don't know what you're hearing because her vocal is crystal clear and she sounds sublime.

It's weird that nobody here seems on board with the song. It's such major boppery.

Falcon likes this.
  17. My joke wasn't about her vocals, she sounds fine like she always does. I just don't find the song interesting at all and I'm baffled as to why it's being pushed as a single.

18. I was gonna say that Who's Laughing Now is easily her worst single but this morning I discovered this gift from Satan

WHO greenlit this abomination?

19. It is an ok song, but seems to be the weakest offering so far.

Andy French and Verandi like this.
  20. This is genuinely kind of great though? The lyrics are...a bit rough, but it bops. I'm honestly surprised it took until 2018 for someone to incorporate Barbie Girl into an #empowerment anthem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.