Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album) | Page 290 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Ava deserves this win. Respect to anyone that works to get their big break for as long as she did. She’s living her dream.

Wishlight, Jamie, LoveSoSoft and 4 others like this.
  2. If they did this the album would be out in 2034. Slowburning hits can exist together.

3. I kinda think that throwing out 84 singles worked for her in the end? When Torn bombed I really thought it was the end for her but then the label just decided to put out more songs and in way make people aware of who she is. Then they just left the complete flops out of the album and hoped for the best. It was kind of refreshing to see a label not abandon a campaign completely after a single stalled. Yes I'm aware it took two years but most of my faves ended up with shelved albums so.

Wishlight, Rob, Jamie and 13 others like this.
  4. Torn didn't even bomb in the long run. It will hit 100m streams this week. It's her slowest-burn hit and a top 30 Swiss smash!

Wishlight, OlliMaus, Lander and 8 others like this.
  5. RMK

RMK

Someone brought up Natalia? Ugh. She deserved this sort of success.

Lander and Pineapple like this.
  6. Oh wow. And the late 90s/early 00s choreo fantasy she's living here

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Hyrulian, thommyh, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  7. I've woken up with Belladonna in my head for the last three days. I'm just gonna go ahead and say I unironically love it now and it's probably my favorite ever song of hers oops

8. Eurovision performance.

spaceship likes this.
  9. Is there anything about her that isn't polished to oblivion ddd

10. "Naked" actually works perfectly in an acoustic setting. Her vocals had me questioning if it was lip-synced too dd

11. Now Andrew.

collxtion and lushLuck like this.
  12. I never said I was a role model

13. There is no need for irony when it comes to loving Ms Koci's bops. You will love them. You will dance to them. You will find yourself earwormed by at least one, and possibly thinking what songs it sounds a bit like or could neatly make a mashup with. You will get your life to Ava.

14. They've pushed so much of the album out as singles prior to it being released, but I do believe Naked and Tattoo are probably the only remaining viable single choices.

I also like Torn and Salt so maybe they can hope for another Truth Hurts/Good as Hell situation

Crisp X likes this.
  15. Is she... actually playing the piano?

These look actually good! Still need to listen to the "Hell" part, but Belladonna was alright too.

16. Belladonna and Rumours were the perfect closers. So Am I is out of place within the album, and Salt and Sweet But Psycho feel weird at the very end of the track listing.

17. From what I've gathered, "Blood, Sweat & Tears" would be way more fitting than "So Am I" for the Hell part, isn't it?

It should have been the follow-up from Sweet But Psycho too dd. It wasn't THAT great on release (or leak) but So Am I is also just bad so....

Wishlight, Daszek and moonchild1313 like this.
  18. I... don't believe she's playing the piano or singing live on the latter, but we stan a perfect pop song.

Artangel likes this.
  19. Yeah something about the lipsync doesn't match up at all dddd. It's a great vocal though! If it is lipped it's nice that she took the time to prerecord a new track.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.