Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album) | Page 314 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. RMK

RMK

It definitely must not be hard to clear anymore. No disrespect toward Ava, but I doubt ABBA heard her bops exclusively and thought they were just so good they couldn't refuse.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  2. It sounds like Gimme Gimme Gimme. We heard about the 'sample' from someone who had heard the song early, but ABBA aren't credited.

This is a direct sample, she uses some of the lyrics.

3. Watch her add some whistle notes in there too, a la Mariah’s ‘Emotions’.

4. Who would dare say no to Ava Max?!

4Roses, Rem, Wishlight and 27 others like this.
    vendredi, Alenko, collxtion and 8 others like this.
  6. The leader of the Dutch far right political party did and look what happened to him!

4Roses, Rem, joe_alouder and 15 others like this.
  7. Maybe Benny & Björn are Little AVAtars. Frida and Agneta coming back with the Max cut etc.

4Roses, Rem, joe_alouder and 18 others like this.
  8. Makes no sense, she already ABBA on Torn, now she's sampling them again on a different song. Can't she use a different gimmick?

AllGagaLike likes this.
  9. Aren't you just full of the absolute worst takes

Rem, Wishlight, joe_alouder and 15 others like this.
  10. *Stares in STEPS*

11. I'm ready for more Ava. Christmas Without You got a lot of plays from me and really felt like it carried a lot of extra sentiment with everything going on this year.

She might be basic, she might be completely uninspired, she might have a terrible haircut, but I have time for her as she's bringing pop bangers. Her scamming herself another ABBA sample only makes me more excited.

12. I’m excited for a new song and I’ll take the ABBA sample. I still need to order the vinyl. I’m still surprised how much I ended up liking her album but she has pretty persistent as well.

13. Does Torn actually sample Gimme, Gimme, Gimme though? I know it sounds really like it but is it possible it's just really similar?

Neon Green and suitechicguy like this.
  14. I think maybe it would fall on the interpolation side of things. I’m not for sure but to me it doesn’t sound like a exact sample but very close to it.

15. I'm confused by the whole "Torn" situation as well. Whether it's a sample or an interpolation, shouldn't Benny and Björn appear in its credits?

Poker Pro likes this.
  16. It's probably the same thing that happened with Prisoner (which sounds like an Olivia Newton-John interpolation but isn't), they consult with legals and change it enough that there's no credit needed.

Wishlight, RMK, Butterfly and 7 others like this.
  17. My Head & My Heart has just been A-listed on Radio 2

18. Rob

Rob

I feel like a Lil Maxipad made up the Torn sample story to get Ava a few extra streams.

RMK, Xanax, clowezra and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lay All Your Love is like one the best Abba songs so I am excited.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.