Ava Max - Heaven & Hell | Page 313 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I'd kill for this but Nicki denied it on Instagram.

jamesmax likes this.
  2. Rob

Rob

Kings & Queens is now the #2 most played song at US radio. It's unlikely to make #1 but considering it looked like her career was done after Sweet But Psycho it's a pretty remarkable achievement.

Wishlight, iRelate, GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  3. It's also #1 on Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 show (if that means owt).

This sort of reminds me of how Ace Of Base went to #1 on U.S. radio in an era of hip-hop and grunge. America wants pop back!

tombiz likes this.
  4. Rob

Rob

[​IMG]

Wishlight, tea, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  5. Rick Dees is still alive?!

6. Suddenly everyone's getting nostalgic flashbacks of listening to the radio years ago, listening to Rick Dees to get an idea of what's being played on US radio.

lushLuck likes this.
    Mikal likes this.
  8. OMG. Born to the Night at 16:00.

What is she wearing though? Sis!

9. I skimmed through it and sis really did sound pretty great on all the tracks. I'm reminded how unfortunately addictive her bops are, even the Xmas one.

10. She's somehow managed to clear a sample of ABBA's Lay All Your Love on Me.

Song is called Emotions & out soon apparently.

11. Queen of samples!

2014, WhenTheSunGoesDown and lushLuck like this.
  12. I think it's a myth ABBA don't clear samples or interpolations, doubt they even care, you just ask for permission and publishing does the rest.

Wishlight, JMRGBY, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  13. It's not/wasn't a myth, the guys themselves said they only cleared Madonna because she wrote to them and they liked the song. Maybe they're less fussy these days, I don't know.

Stoked for this! Lay All Your Love On Me is the best ABBA song. This could be very right or very wrong.

14. In... 2005. We have 2021 in a few hours.

2014 and lushLuck like this.
  15. When the "sample" ends up just being a song that veered way too close to Lay All Your Love On Me so she had to give most of the publishing away

[​IMG]

16. Didn't 'Torn' sample something from them too but you literally couldn't tell

17. It was Gimme Gimme Gimme and you can hear it at the chorus and throughout the verses

lushLuck likes this.
  18. RMK

RMK

It definitely must not be hard to clear anymore. No disrespect toward Ava, but I doubt ABBA heard her bops exclusively and thought they were just so good they couldn't refuse.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  19. It sounds like Gimme Gimme Gimme. We heard about the 'sample' from someone who had heard the song early, but ABBA aren't credited.

This is a direct sample, she uses some of the lyrics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.