Ava Max - Heaven & Hell | Page 351 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I honestly don't understand why people are so determined to dislike her...she makes bops!

2. Okay, but there must be a reason if they are investing on her. Obviously that money is coming back from somewhere.

3. As long as she keeps doing 00s pop music, I am all for it.

HEARTCORE likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Maybe The Motto is her best song - she snapped.

Ashling92, GimmeWork, Orange and 7 others like this.
  5. That is still Naked.

6. RMK

RMK

My Head & My Heart would like a word.

7. Streaming a bit of Heaven and Hell while I clean my flat and honestly it hasn’t aged. Never understood the hate she gets for giving us straight up bops.

8. TBH that Drag Race lipsynch sucked. Should have just let Ava perform it.

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. There is honestly a…weird sense of superiority when it comes to Ava. I feel a lot of people complain about her music to make themselves feel better about their own music tastes.

Anticonformity and junglefish like this.
  10. She’s coming!

11. Didn't this thread take a negative turn early on because some of y'all couldn't help yourselves from framing your enjoyment of her music as "saving pop music" and needlessly complaining about the popularity of rap and r&b music to make yourselves feel good?

I don't think this forum was largely ever hostile to her outside of this weird attitude that followed her success first happening in Europe and struggling in America.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  12. And maybe that says more about how gay men feel ownership over women than anything else.

13. Ava is… harmless. I don’t necessarily find her to be a very convincing pop star, however, the bops are bops. Overall, there is this feeling with a lot of what she does (at least to me) as being very cynically put together by suits to appeal to gays that can’t seem to move on from the 2008-2011 era of pop music, before hip-hop became more dominant. I just don’t get the vibe she actually likes what she’s doing? Like, I’ve watched her interviews and all I see are the wheels turning, rather than seeing any genuine joy or interest from her for her own work. It makes it a little hard to want to invest in her as a potential fan.

4Roses, Lapras, GimmeWork and 23 others like this.
  14. Yea my only issue with Ava is that I don't really buy her shtick. She's a good singer and the music is largely high quality dance pop, but the image feels like a parody from an Andy Samberg movie. It feels too board room manufactured.

Kyle., GimmeWork, Andy French and 6 others like this.
  15. Exactly what I was going to say, it feels like everything has been focus-grouped to an inch of its life, and the end-result is just devoid of spontaneity and excitement.

16. This really is doing too much. Jumping to that from "I don't like her strange haircut," sometimes things are just what they present at face value.

Anyway, My Head and My Heart and The Motto remain 10/10 bangers.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    GimmeWork, Orange and junglefish like this.
  17. I think not being a fan of someone because of their haircut and hammering the same joke to death for three years is doing too much.

18. I know this is meant to be a positive statement but surprised an album hasn't aged after 17 months of it being released is a kii.

But I agree, I did not expect to like that album as much as I did, mainly because I never really liked Sweet But Psycho. So I'm glad the album didn't go down that route. Excited for what's to come, as The Motto fucking slaps!

19. ....well I thought it was funny

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.