Ava Max - Heaven & Hell | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They’re obviously all very talented, but I feel their physical appearance also plays a huge role. With the global reach of streaming, they all look ‘racially ambiguous’ enough to fit in most markets. They look edgier than typical pop girl in Western countries and blend in with let’s say girls in Latin America. They just look cool.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Rem, constantino, Synthline and 6 others like this.
  2. 100% this plus their voices are radio gold.

stuaw, Wishlight and spaceship like this.
  3. I wouldn't really call Bebe's wailing radio freindly but I agree with the others.

Rem, constantino, 4Roses and 11 others like this.
  4. Everything about this video feels like my brain when I'm having a meltdown.

D_ni, Wishlight and spaceship like this.
  5. Why do you say that.
    [​IMG]

sesita likes this.
  6. What.

ZombieJam and aaronhansome like this.
  7. Wasn't there an industry article about Rita, by hear team or label, around the time she launched saying more or less exactly that? That she was marketable around the world because people couldn't really tell. It was very 'hmmmmm'.

stuaw and spaceship like this.
  8. She apparently has a song called Naked co-written with Jessie Malakouti and Bonnie McKee. The underperforming energy emitting from such a collaboration.. whew.

aux, Island, Rem and 19 others like this.
  9. This HAS to be a joke. That amount of reject pop star floppage is enough to send us orbiting towards the sun. Someone call Ester Dean, Eva Simons, & Colette Carr.

Bslg17, aux, Rem and 25 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]
    Dddd co-written with the people behind Back To You too.

11. Whew throw in Livvi Franc and Myah Marie and we’ll have ourselves a supergroup. Earth Wind & Floppage

12. Bonnie McKee?! Yeah this will be a huge bop!

WhenTheSunGoesDown, stuaw and rubirub like this.
  13. Sweet but Psycho is one of my favorite songs of the year purely because of how catchy it is. It's so addictive.

Anticonformity and Andy French like this.
  14. ‘Sweet but Psycho’ is awful, but honestly I’m intrigued at the thought of more unabashedly pop pop stars debuting and doing well.

stuaw and Ferk like this.

15. Amy Allen wrote “Back To You.” Everyone else involved produced or came up with some background element or had a vanity credit. The same goes for the new Halsey single.

16. I love “was in the room” credits.

Rem, constantino, stuaw and 13 others like this.
  17. N(n)(n) more like “heard the solo acoustic demos.”

18. Island

Island Staff Member

Literally how did Selena get a writing credit when the demo is the same song but not as beefed up. There's no lyrical difference!

ooh vanity credit. wow

goldsoundz likes this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

Poor Neon Hitch and Natalie La Rose.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Mr Blonde and Andy French like this.
  20. But she just has 3 songs out, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.