Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby + Diamonds & Dancefloors (2nd Album) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby + Diamonds & Dancefloors (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Feb 7, 2022.

1. It’s instantly catchy.

I have a feeling it’ll be huge.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  2. RMK

RMK

She only got 96,000 from the half-day on Thursday, so those numbers are huge. Good for her.

Digital_Fossil, Txetxu and nooniebao like this.
  3. Rise up, little Maxipads.
    [​IMG]

Rob, GimmeWork, Hyrulian and 25 others like this.
  4. Maybe anyone who complains about the tempo is the problem.

5. I can’t stop playing this all the time. I listened to it the whole ride to work and back. Help.

6. Just learned she is actually saying 'awry'... wordsmith queen!

7. Reminds me of when I thought Rina Sawayama was saying "Oh me oh my, where did we go right?" during the bridge in XS only to find out later on she actually said "Where did we go awry?".

Modeblock, Crisp X and Butterfly like this.
  8. Oh this is great. Did not see Ava Max doing song of the summer 2022 tbh.

Digital_Fossil and Jordtayylor like this.
  9. Both legends need Peabodys for this.

10. It isn't clicking with me, I feel left out

I need a stronger hook and the chorus is very wordy

11. I think the wordiness is what makes it fresh for me.

We lived through about 10+ years of Robyn'd plenty-of-room-to-breathe, floating-above-space lyrics.

12. I do think the backing track is doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Without it the song itself is nothing super memorable. (I also feel it's a touch too fast...)

13. I wasn't done with her euro samples era

Poker Pro likes this.
  14. I love this track, the chorus will take awhile like it did with Katy Perry - Never Really Over chorus.

The track has taken Born To The Night and sped it up, which is probably why I love this song.

Bring on the album!

15. I have to say that I really like this one as it's a proper bop with nice production choices. Curious if it's a standalone single or it will lead towards something bigger?

16. It's cute but there's not much light and shade between the production on the verses and chorus. Also that weak-ass opening verse is...limp.

17. Her problem as usual is the lack of playlist support, out of the to 200 on UK spotify but shes got zero playlist support so far

18. I'm pretty sure you mean Heaven & Hell.

dodoriazarbon and KYLE like this.
  19. Pretty sure he meant sweet and psycho.

GimmeWork and Kyle. like this.
  20. To think that we came from Sw**t but Ps***o to this…a true 180.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.