Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho + So Am I | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho + So Am I

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I didn't care for either song, but Blood Sweat & Tears was right there...

Her voice is so drab and she lacks any kind of range. I await the eventual discussion surrounding her EP release and label dropping her later this year

Ferk likes this.
  2. ‘Salt’ is legitimately brilliant and they should have just rereleased that.

thommyh, Artangel, raven and 3 others like this.
  3. The kii’s in here are worth stanning

4. Nn I know it's fun to rib the good sis but this feels a bit harsh. Her voice is really the only thing keeping the material somewhat afloat

5. Mawma this is *zzz*

6. "She goes home unpaid" is the funniest thing I've read all week. I'm actually crying with laughter now, whereas ten minutes ago it was at how shit the video was.

7. “Lady Gaga mentioning that she’s Italian in every interview” teas.

8. The video is mortifying.

The song sounds almost identical to Sweet But Psycho, but with Feel This Moment's chorus. The lyrics are atrocious even for this kind of song, which doesn't usually yield poetic masterpieces anyway. But I guess you have to give her points for honesty for basically saying she was just going to repeat her one hit over and over and following through on it.

9. SugaLords seen jogging through the countryside unbothered

10. The lyrics are so corny... it seems like such a try hard song. There’s a proper way to make an empowering anthem and this isn’t it

11. This isn't her Wonderland, that's for sure. Disappointing.

12. In the immortal words of @beyoncésweave:
    Iconic.

And for a self-empowerment song that actually fulfils that criteria?

13. This song is fine if you completely tune out while listening. I give it 2/5 cop guns confiscated.

14. 2014

2014 Moderator

The song is fine and she's giving enough life in the video, y'all really don't need to go in so hard.

AcerBenII and Poker Pro like this.
  15. I—
    [​IMG]

16. Wait her tiddy shake in the video is kinda of iconic.

17. The song is awful. It kind of confirms for me that Sweet But Psycho was just a fluke, I’ll Be checking out now I think.

vendredi and inevitable like this.
  18. The song is pretty much ok. Sure it sounds like SbP but it’s still a cute bop. At this point I’d rather listen to more stuff "ripped-off" from 2008-11 than most of the latest "pop" releases tbh. Plus the comparisons are pointless, she never claimed to be the new anybody in the first place.

19. 14 songs on the album and no features.

20. Can't believe we're already at her Artpop era.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.