Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2018) | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2018)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Basically, Chantal was having a moment of sour grapes during a magazine interview and quickly realized she was wrong and publicly apologized after. Avril says she told Chantal she was going in a different direction for TBDT (with Chantal probably thinking they would work together again and likely sending Avril ideas and material) and after accusations went further to say she didn't want to work with Chantal after not having any big hits on Under My Skin.

-tastic likes this.
  2. I’ve been so tempted to buy her vinyls.

DJHazey and theincredibleflipper like this.
  3. As of today, I’m now a proud owner of all her albums on vinyl.

Txetxu, DJHazey, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  4. Love this.

DJHazey and AshtrayHeart like this.
  5. Majestic performance

DJHazey and theincredibleflipper like this.
  6. Just realised I haven’t seen many Avril performances in my life. Gonna change that.

Can’t wait for her new album. She still has to release one without at least a couple AAA tracks.

Sprockrooster and DJHazey like this.
  7. Past her debut era which was kind of all over the place vocals-wise; she's proven to be a very consistent performer, which makes it hard to source exciting performances, but also hard to source bad ones.
    If you want any recommendations, let it be known! There are some gems.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  8. Want. Want want want.

9. (at 3:30 she pops off in an un-Avril way)

Other people should post theirs, I'm curious!

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  10. This is one of my all time favourites.

Actually they're all pretty glorious.

11. One thing I've noticed about Avril is that while she's a surprisingly good singer live, her performances of her uptempo stuff suck because she's pretty lifeless and has zero energy or enthusiasm half the time.

Rock N Roll she nails vocally and I think would be a huge treat if she actually put some effort in and did a hairflip or two but she just tends to walk around slowly looking bored instead.

-tastic likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

Let Go is still such an amazing album. Anything But Ordinary, Mobile, Nobody's Fool and Things I'll Never Say being just album tracks and yet 10/10s - whew!

Rem, snoho, Mirwais Ahmadzaï and 8 others like this.
  13. And Too Much To Ask is pretty much perfect too!

DJHazey likes this.
  14. The whole album is flawless.

-tastic and DJHazey like this.
  15. This is correct.

pedroleum and DJHazey like this.
  16. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm With You is my favourite song of all time.

17. I love the original version of 'Get Over It' so much.

"Don't turn around cos' you will get punched in the face"

18. I'm with You is Avril's best ever song.

Anything But Ordinary is the hit single that never was.

Can we have a little album rate?

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and -tastic like this.
  19. Weird that the official version is censored because she was portrayed at the time as an (angry) rock chick.

20. She sounds great on Wish You Were Here. I, like some others, have barely heard a live performance from here since she debuted.

Come back soon, Queen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.