Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2018) | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2018)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Let Go
    Under My Skin
    Avril Lavigne
    The Best Damn Thing
    Goodbye Lullaby

2. I LOVE that long high note. Wish she did that more often. The woman obviously has serious vocal chops.

3. She's such an incredible live singer, she never gets credit for it.

I adore her Roxy set too:

wodny likes this.
  4. I saw her on the Bones tour in 2004 and she so much energy on stage, she was great. I hope to see her love again one.

5. If you just want to rank albums, for me it's Goodbye Lullaby > The Best Damn Thing > Under My Skin > Let Go >> Avril Lavigne.

If you want to rank her discography, we've already done it before and I'll run the next rendition at some point once we get new music.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  6. I had tickets to the Bonez Tour but due to circumstances I couldn't attend at the last minute but I listened to a recording of the show I was supposed to go to and she sounded stellar. She has it in her.

But it's also because she's worked with that lousy vocal coach since 2011 that she isn't giving it her all and she uses these strange accents during certain songs. And it's very noticable. To me atleast.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  7. Any word on a first single? I'd imagine album will be late Q3 with an Sept/October release?

8. If she's smart, she'll drop the single with an album release date that's no more than two months later. Capitalize on the "comeback single" press while she has it.

Learn from the mistakes Interscope made with Fergie and Gwen.

-tastic, spillett and xOJakeXo like this.
  9. Anyone trying to come back after being away a while should use the Rainbow rollout timeframe as a blueprint.

10. The Best Damn Thing is brilliant. Everything Back but You, and TBDT go off!

Fanatical and xOJakeXo like this.
  11. I Don't Have to Try is that underrated bop.

-tastic and spillett like this.
  12. Peaches says hello.

13. And the guitars are straight out of a Sum 41 song, but it all comes together as perfection with Avril's voice and attitude.

14. She wears the pants

DJHazey likes this.
  15. I'm here for her working with Evan again.

16. Are they still close? I know he was at her wedding with Chad but they haven't been seen since. No paparazzi shots, no instagram posts. I wonder if he was there for her during her Lyme disease.

I hope they're okay. I know she's buddies with her hair and make up guy but Evril have been best friends for 16 years.

17. 'Hot' is my personal favorite from The Best Damn Thing, what a song

Fanatical, -tastic and goldsoundz like this.
  18. I mostly just like her first two albums, but "Hot" is a perfect pop song, and "Rock N' Roll" comes pretty close. That whole "here's to never growing up" shtick needs to die.

-tastic and alejandrusco like this.
  19. I want her and Evan to write another Hot. It's indeed a fantastic song and still pops off today.

Fanatical and alejandrusco like this.
  20. How did Rock N Roll beat I'm With You? I think I'm in the slight majority that LIKES RnR but thinks Here's To Never Growing Up is the better single...

DJHazey and GRMusic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.