Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by J1, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

True. That's quite sad.

2. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

I really hope Avril's sound matures with this album, most of the stuff from Goodbye Lullaby sounded very samey and recycled. I still can't believe she's older than Lady GaGa, you wouldn't think it when you look at her green streaks.

3. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

'UMS' is one of my favorite pop albums ever, and while I do appreciate Goodbye Lullaby I'm hoping her fifth album is not 'TBDT' 2.0 while that album was fun for a year I find myself never listening to the tracks. I'm hoping she can somehow progress her sound, but I just don't know if she can...

4. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

She needs to fuck off putting pink and green streaks in her hair and this "Abbey Dawn" shit is the pits ! Your not 12 anymore Avril. - Time to get a current sound and grow up. Coming from a fan from the beginning who has paid to see her Irish concerts this emo/rebel shit doesn't do it for me anymore.

5. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

She should get the Matrix involved again and go full circle, well maybe a nice logarithmic spiral would be more appropriate.

6. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Didn't she hate What The Hell and made it clear the label wanted her to do it?

Just seems odd now that she is doing a fun album...

7. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

She apparently had an argument with executives because she wanted to do her own album ( Goodbye Lullaby ) When the Label wanted Best Damn Thing part 2. They came to an Agreement it seems, where she now has to live up her end of the bargain and do uptempo again...

I think that's why this is all Happening very fast.

Surely it would've been a shit load cheaper to split the album and have 5 upbeats and 5 slow songs. . . Why is it that the music industry seems to think you cant mix genres on the one CD....

8. J1

J1

Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

A fan jumped on stage last night during a show in Brazil and scared the shit out of her (she screamed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUVk3QZUFf8

9. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Her scream was so cute haha!
    She was pretty nice though. Imagine if that happened to Rihanna - 'You mothafuckin' jerk Imma gonna turn da whole thang down now'!

10. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

That's unexpected and very soon... Might be because Goodbye Lullaby hasn't done very well? Her label didn't seem particularly involved in the project either. I just hope to god she starts acting and sounding her age with this record. This 17-year-old bratty cheerleader thing has been going on for way too long. She's 26!!

11. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

I'm waiting for a better album this time, she can do better than the terrible Goodbye Lullaby.

12. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Wow great news cannot wait for this!

13. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Goodbye Lullaby stands strong as my favorite Avril album. Yes, it is a grower, but man does it grow. Easily her best work.

14. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Finally, love this song!

15. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Under My Skin for the Win. - Shes just not cool anymore. ( Yes, I used the word cool) Grow up Avril.

16. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Under My Skin is very good, but I think with some exceptions Goodbye Lullaby shows a much more mature side of Avril. I just wish the mature songs were as catchy as the immature songs; Push seemed to be the only happy medium.

17. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Under My Skin is very good, but I think with some exceptions Goodbye Lullaby shows a much more mature side of Avril. I just wish the mature songs were as catchy as the immature songs; Push seemed to be the only happy medium.

18. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

Can't she just give us Daydream? It's still her best song and I've never even heard the whole thing. I know it was given to Cosgrove, but I want to hear the original demo!

19. Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

If she hadn't have released What The Hell as the first single from her last album, i think the album would have performed better than it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.