Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avril Lavigne - 5th Studio Album (Late 2011/Early 2012)

''Goodbye Lullaby'' and ''The Best Damn Thing'' don't even come close to the flawlessness of her first two albums. She needs to get over her beef with Chantel and work with her again - also Ben Moody and dare I say The Matrix?

Honestly, how does she still look like she does? I don't mean her attire, which is awful, but she actually looks youthful still. Amazing.

Hotel_paper said:
Honestly, how does she still look like she does? I don't mean her attire, which is awful, but she actually looks youthful still. Amazing.

I know right? I swear she has not aged a day since she first started. You could put 2011 Avril into a time machine back to 2002 and no one would suspect a thing.

''Goodbye Lullaby'' and ''The Best Damn Thing'' don't even come close to the flawlessness of her first two albums.

I can't say I agree. In fact, her debut had a total of five songs that I really enjoyed; the rest fell flat. Fun Avril is my favorite Avril; it feels genuine (What the Hell being the exception).

Jonathan27 said:
''Goodbye Lullaby'' and ''The Best Damn Thing'' don't even come close to the flawlessness of her first two albums.

I can't say I agree. In fact, her debut had a total of five songs that I really enjoyed; the rest fell flat. Fun Avril is my favorite Avril; it feels genuine (What the Hell being the exception).

Tomorrow, I'm With You, Mobile, Unwanted, Complicated and Losing Grip are all incredible with the rest also being very good. There is not one average or bad track on her debut (in my opinion of course). Everyone should also check out the song ''Why'' which didn't make the first album and was a b-side on the Complicated single. It is amazing and still one of my favorite Avril songs.

I enjoyed ''The Best Damn Thing'' and there are some very good songs on there (When You're Gone, Contagious, Runaway), but it's just very lacking and she lost a good majority of her fanbase because she in many ways went against everything she originally stood for with that era.

I respect what she did with ''Goodbye Lullaby'' by standing by her vision for the album, but most of the tracks are forgetable and songs like ''What The Hell'' and ''Smile'' just don't fit on the album. I really like both of those songs, but they just don't make sense in the big picture of the album. The only other songs I frequently listen to on it are ''Goodbye'' and ''Stop Standing There''.

he/him
The third and final single from Goodbye Lullaby.

She's currently shooting the video -

282547_10150268443034300_5413509299_7578776_1689827_n.jpg

283574_10150268499249300_5413509299_7578937_6713285_n.jpg

RainOnFire

Staff member
Flawless song. Glad they're ending the campaign on a high note. At first I was hoping they'd wait seeing as "Smile" is just beginning to climb up iTunes but it seems like everyone wants to get this era over with...I imagine the video will be chucked out and everything's done.

Nice to see the green streaks gone, she looked great at the teen choice awards. So glad this is getting the video treatment.

They SHOULD follow this with Push, but they won't. This is such a good album; too bad it isn't very commercial past Smile.

RainOnFire

Staff member
The whole era was messed up for no reason whatsoever. I mean, RCA still got their way with the lead single but they were practically counting on the album to flop and thus just gave up hope on everything. Yes, it did underperform in the US but it still managed to sell 1 million plus worldwide.

Also, I would like Push to be a single but if Smile barely got any airplay in the US, no way in hell would Push. Wish You Were Here might have a chance though.

The whole era was messed up for no reason whatsoever. I mean, RCA still got their way with the lead single but they were practically counting on the album to flop and thus just gave up hope on everything. Yes, it did underperform in the US but it still managed to sell 1 million plus worldwide.

Also, I would like Push to be a single but if Smile barely got any airplay in the US, no way in hell would Push. Wish You Were Here might have a chance though.

Deep down I know you're right, but it just pisses me off. I actually think What the Hell is a brilliant song; it is just the furthest thing from showing what the album is as a whole. At least Smile feels like a genuine throwback to how her relationship with her ex was when they first got together.

This song flew up the iTunes chart when the album was released, so no surprise that this is the third single. With fall approaching, this song might actually stand a chance.

I think ''Push'' would have been a better choice. It's funny how the only singles were the Max Martin tracks when the album is nothing like most of the singles. I guess that was the compromise she came to with her record company....

For the video I want her to roll across this old house like a mad man, expressing her unfulfilled desires for the one she's longing for. Then she should crawl into the sea and disappear with the waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.