Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water (6th Album) | Page 104 | The Popjustice Forum

Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Dumb Blonde sounds a bit like a slowed down version of Kelly Clarkson's Whyyawannabringmedown which was a cover of the band Aranda.

2. What happened?

3. Butch wrote a tell all book from his experiences in the industry. Luke heard the song The Best Damn Thing and immediately copied it and that turned into Gilfriend and the first single. Avril was supposedly devastated about the whole ordeal and sobbed on the phone to Butch and said that the label had chosen Girlfriend over TBDT as the first single.

He also had a brawl with Luke at a party and nearly punched him because Luke was being the smug obnoxious prick we now all know him to be.

Avril and Butch last worked together on Goodbye Lullaby but then when the book came out where he also claimed she stole his style when they first met during the Let Go recording sessions. Butch even going so far as mentioning Avril was wearing a flower summer dress when they first met and didn't look anthing like her future Let Go days, made Avril unfollow him on Twitter.

P!nk had a good laugh about the book though.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. She seems to be having a blast on the DVD (which accompanies the album) where they are recording that song. So was she really unaware that it was similar in sound and going to be pushed as a single?

5. Pretty much. Plus she was drinking limoncello the whole time. She even recorded Innocence while intoxicated. She was off her face while recording that song drinking Jack Daniels.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  6. Buying the deluxe DVD version was the only way to get the explicit version of The Damn Thing I recall. That DVD was a fun watch, she looked like she was having fun.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  7. it does look better than the cover tbh.
    [​IMG]

andru likes this.
  8. It's like she's wearing sunglasses under water.

9. She's singing on Good Morning America on the 15th! I can't wait.

-tastic and Music Is Life like this.
  10. Yay ACTUAL promo. I honestly miss the RCA days... never thought I'd say that.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  11. I'm seeing fans say this is the Dumb Blonde single cover, and that it's out tonight - although I can't seem to find anything confirming it?

What a confused campaign this has been.

[​IMG]

12. Oh I actually kind of like that cover. It’s the best thing about the campaign so far.

Rem, flowersandu, blaze_dave and 7 others like this.
  13. This is especially insulting to Barbie because she's held some very important occupations.

14. It's too good to be real sadly.
    Still excited for the album though.

15. oh

16. andwhataboutit.gif

17. I think the "oh" was for "too good to be real."

18. RMK

RMK

blaze_dave and andru like this.
  19. Oh.

I don't know if it's real, but it looks too good to be something coming from Team Lavigne for this era's standards . Obviously if it's real and the song's out tomorrow I'll be the happiest person on Earth ddd

Edit: YAAAAAAS!

Music Is Life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.