Avril Lavigne - Love Sux | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Avril Lavigne - Love Sux

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Dec 19, 2020.

1. "My World" is my favourite after listening a few times too.

I went straight to the bonus tracks initially, and didn't hear too much difference besides "Why" being a different recording to what we had before, so going back and listening to the album as a whole was a nice surprise! There are parts that pale by comparison, but overall I think these new mixes are an improvement.

I echo the fact that there doesn't seem to be much buzz around the release is a shame.

popjunkie likes this.
  2. Why was literally an acoustic version unless I’m missing a different mix that was released? Structurally it’s the same.

3. I actually love the new mixes? They sound really good. Taylor should take notes.

4. That Insta post is genuinely lovely. This album is my teenage years and I know it back to front, so to hear these remasters is glorious and a little bit emotional.
    There is no other album released that I come back to as much as this one and it just never gets old.
    It remains my favourite album ever released and 'I'm With You' remains my favourite ever song.

She will always be the greatest singer songwriter to me and I am so chuffed she had blessed us with this remaster so I can enjoy it for the billionth time in even better quality.

5. 20 years of hearing her sing “life is a beautiful laxative” in Anything But Ordinary

GimmeWork, flapjack- and Euphoria like this.
  6. 'Nobody's Fool' and 'Tomorrow' still give me all the feels.

7. Naked will always be one of my top Avril songs. I also still genuinely love Losing Grip, I’m With You, and Anything But Ordinary.

andru, xOJakeXo and Jersey like this.
  8. “Too Much to Ask” has always been one of the most underrated. It’s the scathing, “til you chose weed over me, YOU’RE SO LAAAYME”, that seals it for me.

9. I wish she would post something about the new mixes. I’m curious how they came about.

Verandi and popjunkie like this.
  10. Finally got a listen and whew, the nostalgia. Such a trip hearing recharged mixes of these songs. It's still such a strong album, and such a blueprint for many teen acts to come. Some of these songs (mainly Anything But Ordinary) are reminding me of the recent jangle pop resurgence with people like Post Malone, I almost forgot how it wasn't that long ago that it was big. The new additions are great too...I remember hearing Get Over It on YouTube at some point, and it's nice to hear a newly mastered version.

Breakaway is a nice listen, but I wish they just remixed/remastered her original demo instead of re-recording it. The extra punk rock lift they gave it doesn't really fit the song, and her voice sounds odd....it sounds like she's a little congested in her sinuses or something?

Euphoria likes this.
  11. I'm curious how they came about and if she had any say/involvement in it, since it looks like Arista owns the masters and she's on a different label now.

maneater83 likes this.
  12. Hopefully there’ll be more information in the vinyl notes, speaking of which, it’s now on Amazon.com so I’m glad to finally be able to preorder it, I’m sure it’ll pop up on the UK site at some point, but I’m not taking risks.

blaze_dave and maneater83 like this.
  13. I would assume she did have involvement if she recorded a new version of “Breakaway” for it

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  14. Really enjoying this! It's interesting hearing the differences between the mixes. I hope Breakaway gets a 20th anniversary release like this.

blaze_dave likes this.
  15. I wasn't even thinking about that dd, very true.

16. I Don’t Give is quietly one of her best songs. Such an earworm and I love the adlibs in the final choruses.

j267, Verandi, bonnieetclyde and 6 others like this.
  17. Most of these sound good though a little odd after so long with the original. I’m not sure there’s any true improvement to these ears? The elements turned down or pushed back are just missed, in my opinion. She sounds crystal clear, admittedly, so that’s something I guess.

18. Not these additional Let Go tracks being better than anything on her last 2 albums…

19. RMK

RMK

Bite Me should be considered a modern classic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.