AWA (Swedish R&B/Pop Star) | The Popjustice Forum

AWA (Swedish R&B/Pop Star)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by nooniebao, Dec 2, 2019.

1. She’s been putting out new material after scrubbing all platforms of the stuff she released in her teens. Her new stuff is a lot more R&B.

Her debut single Obvious from 2015:

CaliDevotion, Robert and godspeed like this.
  2. I just came to post her - our minds.

Love the 3 new songs, was the old music any good?

nooniebao likes this.
  3. She put out one single (Obvious) and a few faceless dance features then went ghost for 3 years. I always thought Obvious was terrific and wondered if she’d launch a comeback. She was basically an Instagram model in the interim.

Butterfly likes this.
  4. Just listened to Obvious - I like it though I definitely prefer the new sound.

I also found this from 2013, which is cute but obviously quite different and she's so young.
    It's giving me Disney Channel actress turned singer vibes.

TRAVVV and nooniebao like this.
  5. Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    TRAVVV and sesita like this.
  6. Ooh, this is nice! 'Comfortable' is the one for me! Can't wait for a proper video.

nooniebao likes this.
  7. I searched the forum for a thread on her and this didn’t show up. Thankfully I found it before starting a new one though.

YouTube recommended Like I Do to me just now and I really liked it on first listen. Her other two recent singles are great too. She has an EP coming early this year apparently https://www.scandipop.co.uk/song-awa-like/

8. Like I Do is my favorite song in a second, and my friends are getting really into it. Can't wait for more!

nooniebao likes this.
  9. I really love Obvious. Her newer stuff is god, but she hasn't hit the heights again for me yet

nooniebao likes this.
    sesita likes this.
  11. New single featuring BJ The Chicago Kid:

12. DAMN, so much good music out this week!

sesita likes this.
  14. I'm not entirely sure what the promotion strategy is here. She has great material and certainly seems to have a budget, but there's literally no buzz at all in Sweden.

15. Every attempt to launch new artists in the streaming era <3

TRAVVV likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.