Ayumi Hamasaki Discography Rate: Part 2 (FIN) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Ayumi Hamasaki Discography Rate: Part 2 (FIN)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by send photo, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Pride isn't even the best ballad on (m)u.

2. Will is also up there, yes

vague, evilsin and send photo like this.
  3. Will is there, thank you.

yuuurei, vague, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  4. Anyways, I'm going through MY STORY now a few times. It's wild how my opinion has changed on this album as years have gone by as I wasn't a big fan originally (and it felt like neither was the fandom at the time on AHS) but I've really come to enjoy it as I still listened to it a shit ton honestly back in the day.

yuuurei, Slice of Life, vague and 3 others like this.
  5. Weird, on our little Russian Ayu heaven people loved it.

6. MY STORY prob has my lowest avg of the albums, but I appreciate it a lot more now than when I tried 5 years ago. There's a melancholy to a few tracks then an in your face vibe to some I like.

yuuurei, vague, evilsin and 1 other person like this.
  7. Do you want me to be extra with my commentary, boo? I could try.

8. You always know what to say!
    [​IMG]

Slice of Life, vague, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  9. Eaux this description definitely makes me intrigued by the album
    Just finished Circus and it was definitely the most inconsistent of the 4 albums by far, it has very distinctive gems and equally distinctive trash

10. Love songs is her best album of all time followed by Loveppears. These are the facts.

junglefish and send photo like this.
  11. I remember not finding the singles for Love songs to my liking at all and I was really frustrated with it. When the album came out, I didn't even listen to it properly. Thank fuck I made myself return to it after a while because, like @send photo said, it it one of her most consistant bodies of work. It might not be my favorite of hers, but it is a very good pop album.

I'm still amazed by the mountain range reflecting in her eyes in the covers. Stunning.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    EachSmallStep, vague, yuuurei and 5 others like this.
  12. I'd forgotten what her version of "Happening Here" sounded like. That was a choice.

13. Wow, I never noticed this!

Finished rating Next Level so onto Rock n Roll Circus next. Love Songs is one of my favourite Ayumi albums too, along with (miss)understood which is my favourite.

Following Urata's drunken tweets standing up for Ayumi (what for I'm not sure? Just general comments she gets in the press?), I think this needs to be worked into a thread title:

RUNAWAY, EachSmallStep, vague and 3 others like this.
  14. I'll do a second listen-through, write some commentary and finalize & send my scores for this part sometime this week. Is it still a thing that we can retroactively send in scores for part 1 if we missed it?

15. Excellent, thanks!

send photo likes this.
  16. I'm definitely looking forward to discovering the first part of her discography too! I skimmed through the pt. I thread and it was messy to see her debut album be so disliked, is it really that inferior?

17. I'm not sure if you're referring to Nothing From Nothing or A Song for ×× but either way, they do both feel pretty dated now and while for me that's not a downside, for some people I guess it is. People also seem to have issues with the high pitch of her voice in the early days.

EachSmallStep, vague, Cutlery and 2 others like this.
  18. I've basically rated all the songs, now to muster up some commentary for the ones that didn't really provoke any thoughts in me and I'm done.

19. She's just submitted.

MY STORY 9.143 (10x3, 7x2)
    (miss)understood 8.678 (10x4, 6x1)
    Secret 8.727 (10x3, 7x1)
    GUILTY 7.400 (10x2, 3x1)
    NEXT LEVEL 8.550 (10x4, 6.5x1)
    Rock'n'Roll Circus 8.583 (10x4, 6.5x1)
    Love songs 7.730 (9.5x1, 4x1)
    FIVE 7.400 (9x1, 5x1)
    Extras 7.250 (10x1, 5x1)

Whew, now that was a ride.

20. I've had my scores ready for over a week now, but my indecisiveass literally just cannot pick an 11.

For either part..

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.