Ayumi Hamasaki Discography Rate Pt. III | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Ayumi Hamasaki Discography Rate Pt. III

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Cutlery, Jan 7, 2020.

?

Favorite project from this period?

1. Party Queen

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. LOVE again

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. CoLOURS

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. A ONE

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. sixxxxxx

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. M(A)DE IN JAPAN

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. Trouble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amazing work @Cutlery! It's not easy hosting rates and you were a great rate host.

It's a shame we couldn't get more voters for this part because I think the results would not have been the same. I'm glad that my limited experience with latter day Ayu didn't ruin the results.

evilsin, mi|kshake, otenkiame and 4 others like this.
  2. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Wow. Just wow. Never did I ever think this song would be number 1.....

I've been in love with it since the day the video dropped, but I thought it would flop out in the 20s or something, so to see it win is honestly unbelievable. This is the first time my 11 has ever won a rate, and I'm actually shaking, I'm so proud.

Thank you @Cutlery for finishing off this long, arduous process of rating Ayu's discography. I had such a great time following along with this rate, and your covers were ICONIC. If you run another rate, you can count me in as a voter, no matter who it's for.

vague, evilsin, mi|kshake and 2 others like this.
  3. A 10 vs a 10. Couldn't ask for a better top 2 here. We would get a great winner either way.

Thank you for the rate @Cutlery! You did a great job

vague, Weslicious, mi|kshake and 3 others like this.
  4. Oh I was forgetting, here's the last two album overviews! Apart from making up the top 2, they had the two highest averages of all seven sections.

[​IMG]

HIGHEST SCORER:
    @RUNAWAY — 9.45

LOWEST SCORER:

@Weslicious — 5.91

The chasm between 'The GIFT' and everything else in the album is a little hilarious.

[​IMG]

HIGHEST SCORER:
    @RUNAWAY (again!) — 9.25

LOWEST SCORER:
    @lalaclairi_ — 6.75

sixxxxxx having only one song in the top 17, yet snatching both best-performing album and the winning spot? She did that​

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    vague, Weslicious, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  5. Ayumi just misunderstood it. Hikki actually said: "When I come back, I'll be movin'on without you on the charts and artistically."

Both songs in the top 2 are great though. 'Sayonara' winning feels a bit more right.

I always love the sound of the eagle and the horses in the 'Sayonara' video.

I didn't participate and only showed up when I got tagged because of 'Many classic moments', but great job @Cutlery ! Aside from 'Party Queen' and 'TROUBLE', I can appreciate Ayumi's output during this era and listen to these albums from time to time. 'You & Me' or 'NO FUTURE' would've been my 11.

vague, evilsin, Cutlery and 3 others like this.
  6. @Cutlery, hun, splendid job. I can't thank you enough for finishing up Ayu rates and making this part so enjoyable even if I'm not that thrilled about the results, dddd.

vague, mi|kshake, berserkboi and 4 others like this.
  7. Yes, thanks for getting us to the end (for now) of Ayu's discography.

You did a great job, and it was great fun.

And I learned I like some songs/albums from this part of her career more than I thought. Just not the right ones (sorry guys for being the low scorer for most of the Top 5).

vague, evilsin, mi|kshake and 3 others like this.
  8. Yes, well chuffed with the results! I found with this rate there wasn't an obvious winner so had no idea going in what folk were likely to rate highly (well except Terminal I thought that could have got the #1 spot).

Sayonara is one of the best songs of this era. I love the PV (although I would have like some dancing in it). It reminded me of Woodkid's videos. Ayu looked amazing and everything just looked on point. And then you have the song - I love that it's a 6 minuter, the WHATEVERs, the bridge, the melody. I hope Ayu will work with Daishi Dance again sometime. I think between the song and PV Sayonara is a Big Pop Girl moment.

I would love it if for Ayu's upcoming show if she would incorporate the opening from the last tour (Whatever, And Then, Many Classic moments) and follow it up with Sayonara. How amazing would that be?

Thank you for finishing the rate of for us @Cutlery !! These rates always look like a lot of hard work andn I don't know how you do it!

vague, Weslicious, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.