Ayumi Hamasaki | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Ayumi Hamasaki

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Atomix, Feb 21, 2007.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Mariah? Yes. Madonna? No.

None of them are as good as the used to be, and it's funny they were brought up as all 3 seem to be in the same boat, Mariah and Ayu moreso that Madonna, who at least has the common sense to take a break and not keep releasing shit non-stop in an attempt to stay relevant....

2. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Alot of mainstream J-Pop singers release alot in one year, Kumi Koda and Namie Amuro are no different. I also truly believe Ayu loves her job because with the power she holds if she wanted out she most likely could have got out ages ago.

K-Pop is also similar, you could say K-Pop artists release alot, it always seems there either re-releasing albums or making comebacks?

3. 3Xs

3Xs

Well you're right about Kumi, and just like Ayumi most of her output recently is shit, with only a few genuinely great tracks here and there. But then again I've always thought of her as more of a singles artists as opposed to someone with great albums.

And you seem to be off the mark about Namie. She's only released 1 single a year for the last 3 years, and takes much longer breaks between album releases than Ayumi. She's almost the opposite of Ayu in that regard, and it's somewhat baffling that Avex hasn't forced her to release more like Kumi or Ayu. But then again, that's why Namie's output is always so amazing and consistent, she doesn't release any old turd every other week.

This is true, but almost all of the artists I like in K-Pop haven't been around for 10 years like Ayu, they're still relatively fresh. I'm sure once they start to get boring I'll move onto something else.

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm sorry but just like Kuu, Ayu is now shit.

5. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Notice how Ayu, Kuu and Namie are all on Avex (even though you're wrong about Namie).

Again, you seem confused about K-Pop, these 'comebacks' are generally just the build up to any new era.

6. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

I just can't stand her ballads, so as an Ayu fan 2009-2010 has been almost unbareable. Literally back to back ballads, the last upbeat song we got would've been Sexy Little Things!

Rip_Me likes this.
  7. 3Xs

3Xs

Her ballads are all soooo samey too, it's one of the main reasons I have a hard time getting into her music.

8. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

"Blossom", "Seven Days War" (though that could may come off as a midtempo), "Sweet Season" and "Last Angel" are all upbeats.

In terms of Namie Amuro, she still does alot, just because she isn't releasing singles alot doesn't mean shes taking a break, she was on tour early this year, then "Break it/Get myself back" came, now she is back on tour again and there will probably be a new single next year followed by a new album soon after.

Remember, Ayu only usually releases 1 album and 2 singles a year, she has only released 3 this year because she was doing "The road to the 50th single" promotion^_^

9. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

The Empress *bows down* too bad she can't sing live anymore.

10. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Those are hardly uptempo, Last Angel is the only song from that bunch that I'd agree with (and that song is shit). By upbeat I mean something like Rule or Sparkle.

11. Rmx

Rmx

You're joking, right?

Last Angel is her best song in a very long time. Definitely better than anything on Rock'n'Roll Circus, probably her best song since Sparkle.

Well it all comes down to opinion, but if you don't like ballads and you don't like Last Angel, what kind of Ayu songs DO you like?

12. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Wha?! I love A Ballads, and I'm most definitely not a ballad lover. Although, those are her older ballads on that album but still...

I think Rock'n'Roll Circus was a pretty good album. Sexy Little Things is a jam!

13. Re: Ayu-Trance 4 confirmed, Ayu-mi-x 7 and Ayu-ro mix 4 being considered

Before Christmas, Ayu will release A-Best, a remix album & a studio album!

[​IMG]

A-best Covers

14. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki to release new album before Christmas!

Thanks for posting this, I was meaning to post the news about the new studio album up^_^
    The A-Best is news to me though, the covers look great! With all the new album releases I would say Ayu-Trance 4 probably won't be released till next year?

15. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Ayu-Trance 4 confirmed, Ayu-mi-x 7 and Ayu-ro mix 4 being considered

FAKE!! Come on guys, those are magazine scans made into fake covers. Check the Bea's Up November 2010 scans, the pics are straight from there. Also, they never say "CD+DVD+DVD", they would call that "CD+2DVD".

Besides, if you've ever experienced an Ayu release, you know she NEVER uploads the covers straight away. Please remove that picture or more people will think it's real.

The truth is:
    - Studio album is coming at the end of the year, no details confirmed.
    - At least 1 remix album is coming, we don't know when, we don't know what kind of remix album we'll get. Probably Ayu-Trance but until that's confirmed it's not 100% certain.

That's it. No covers, no release dates, no A BEST 3, nothing of that is confirmed.

16. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104987

On December 22nd Ayu will be releasing her new album "Love Songs"^_^
    She will also be releasing a new single named "Dream ON" which will be a duet with Urata Naoya from AAA. The single will be produced by her^_^

I am looking forward to this album!

17. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Well< any enthusiasm for this project from em just died. Not there was much to start with, the endless droll of sickly Ayu ballads just about did me in.

It's nice of her to let Hikki completely steal her thunder (again) though.

18. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki takes the record for most consecutive number #1's (General)

Truth. ^

19. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Why is everyone blindly assuming that love song = ballad?

Said this on AHS as well, but repeating it here: Is this LOVE? is a love song. Because of You is a love song. Even a happy song like Sunrise is a love song. ("love is all", anyone?).

I'm pretty sure she won't pull an A BALLADS 2 on us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.