Ayumi Hamasaki | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Ayumi Hamasaki

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Atomix, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Because all of the singles so far have been ballads or mid-tempos?

2. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Yet another album? The last one was released 7 months ago...

3. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Blossom and Last Angel sure don't sound like ballads or mid-tempos to me.

Well you can argue blossom is a mid-tempo. But I consider it up-beat.

4. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

#Desperate

5. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Looking forward to some new Ayumi stuff!!

mi|kshake~

6. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

'Love Songs' is being released in 3 different versions.

Jacket A/CD+DVD - US$ 36.63
    Jacket B/CD - US$ 36.63
    Jacket C/microSD+USB+DVD - US$ 102.34

Jacket C version comes with the bonus DVD including music video for total of 8 songs (making-of features are not included on this DVD). This edition is also packed with various bonus extras including USB Memory Stick containing the songs in wav.file format in 24bit (48KHz) and a microSD memory card (a micro memory device currently compatible only with cellular phones sold in Japan). Both the USB memory stick and the microSD memory card contain all songs included on the album (subject to change). The microSD memory card will also include music videos as well (subject to change). Also includes a LP-sized photo book. *Unless otherwise indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles.

7. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
    It was obivous that Ayumi may release her album earlier seeing as the single campaign this year has been more important than usual, also remember this is a Christmas present for her fans.

Also, she use to release her albums around the Christmas period so she is probably going back to that way too, that means she might not release another full length studio album till next December.

8. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

I never knew she could speak english!?

1:40 in ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5AdFoSXjo )

If that isn't scripted, I'm more than impressed and awaiting an english album.

9. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Yeah, until that interview I wasn't aware she knew any English either, considering how little she has in her songs compared to other Japanese artists. But she's been tweeting in English quite a lot lately and been linked to "Mannie" - who was in the Virgin Road PV - and I think he's Austrian, so they must communicate in English.

The track listing for Love Songs are out (as well as the covers):

01.Love song
    02.crossroad
    03.MOON
    04.sending mail
    05.Last angel
    06.insomnia
    07.Like a doll
    08.Aria
    09.blossom
    10.Thank U
    11.Sweet Season
    12.overture
    13.do it again
    14.November
    15.Virgin Road
    [bonus track]
    16.SEVEN DAYS WAR (Live at Yoyogi on Oct.11.2010)

Live version of SDW only on first press editions.

Reckon Sending Mail, Aria and Overture are the interludes.

mi|kshake~

10. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

She has an accent, but her English is quite good. Ayumi did her vocal training in New York for some time, so that may explain it.

11. Rmx

Rmx

12. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

OH Wow! I am definitely feeling this. I love it when Ayu breaks from her usual song mold and experiments a bit (coughcoughSPARKLEcoughcough). Can't wait to see the full video.

That being said I hope she experiments a lot more in the future and pushes her limits. I feel Ayu is getting too predictable these days. Sparkle was a step in the right direction for sure...I love me some slutty sexy Ayu <3

13. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: new album "Love Songs" + new duet single produced by her

Now that is intriguing! The sound of the music and the look of the video suggests a Hip Hop flavour? Or is that just me?

14. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married+press release!

Well i'm sure we have all heard the news now, whilst that came out of nowhere I am happy for them and wish them a long happy life together^_^

I'm already wondering if she will leave Japan or if he comes to her and career wise I am thinking possibly one more album before a big (and deserved) long break.
    I also wonder how the media in Japan is handling this, they must be eating it up^_^

Edit: A press-release has come in:
    Avex says Ayu and Mannie met last August during the "Virgin Road" PV shoot
    - Ayu and Mannie used their free time at night to deepen their relationship while in Los Angeles
    - Mannie auditioned for Ayu's PVs in a video featuring local LA actors
    - Ayu consulted Avex in early December about her intentions to marry Mannie
    - Mannie is described as looking like a bearded Keanu Reeves (lol)
    - Ayu and Mannie always had conversations in English
    - Ayu is NOT pregnant and will continue her career
    - No ceremony date has been set as of 1/1/2011
    - They will not be living together, they will be leading a life where they go back and forth to america and japan to see eachother.

15. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married+press release!

Oh I'm sure they did.......

/immature

16. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married!

Reading the comments on her interview, it's funny how most of the comments in English praise her, but the ones in Japanese say she speaks badly. Anyway, congratulations to her on her marriage. I'm curious to see what her fiance looks like.

17. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married!

Basically repeating what I posted in the Jpop thread. My initial thoughts:

Aww, they're a cute couple!
    Surprised - they only met on the set of the Virgin Road PV...isn't it a bit soon?

Congrats to Ayumi! I do wonder how this will affect her work schedule since she seems to have stuck to the same album release/concert pattern for the last 10+ years.

milkshake~

18. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married!

That's a quick engagement. She seems like a passionate person so I guess they 'just knew'.. congrats anyway! Love Songs is amazing but it doesn't hurt to cut down the frequency to less than 2 albums per year.

19. Re: Ayumi Hamasaki: Shes getting married!

Is it sad that I'm really looking forward to seeing what her wedding dress will be like? I'm not even one of those girly-wedding people!

milkshake~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.